Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to replace the lower suspension arms on my car for the MOT a few weeks ago and all went well. The only problem I have been having since replacing the lower arms is the car now pulls to the left! It has been a few years since I last had to replace the lower arms on a car and remember it messing the tracking and tyre wear up but not causing the car to pull to one side. Does this sound right to you guys?

The new lower arms are 'Delphi' ones from GSF which I was led to believe were decent quality. I used to swear by Moog parts but there have been lots of people complaining about them now being Chinese rubbish in the last couple of years so decided to skip them this time. When I bought the arms, one of the bags was already open but that is the only one they had in the store apparently! I am worried that they could have been messed about with though. I do still have my original arms which just need rebushing if you think it is these new arms that are the problem.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Tracking being out can make your car pull to one side, not just accelerate tyre wear.

You'd need to touch the ball joints to do the arms, and the ball joints have quite a bit of adjustment on them.

Worth taking it to a tyre shop for them to check and adjust tracking, you'll only need the front axle done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts