Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests, what's a better option for a leaking pollen filter housing, replacing with new from the dealer or re-sealing with windscreen mastic?

If the latter, what's the best method for getting a good and long lasting seal?

TIA as always.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It beats me if I'm honest, I can't think of anywhere else the water can be getting in. It stayed dry in the weeks of rain we had, then I gave the car a wash while parked nose uphill and there's water in the rear footwell again.

Re-did the seals round the inner door panels and I haven't got a sun-roof.

It's flowing from front to back, and top cover on the filter is intact and fitted as it should be, so pollen filter seal is the only thing I can think it would be.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's either coming through the passenger side rear floor duct, or along the passage/dip in the floor pan that the duct sits in. Front foot well is bone dry as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Take out the pass seat and trim around the front footwell, center console and lower trim, then lift the carpet and underlay and see if you can see anythin?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Take out the pass seat and trim around the front footwell, center console and lower trim, then lift the carpet and underlay and see if you can see anythin?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
Sorry I should've updated this - went ahead and resealed the filter housing as my first step. Thanks for the suggestion of stripping the carpet out, that's going to be what's next if there's any water again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts