Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just wondering if you can shine some light on a problem my girlfriend is having with her car!

She has an 02 reg Clio 1.2 16v and has started having problems this last week. Her car has started juddering while moving (mainly in 2nd and 3rd gear) almost as if she were in the wrong gear when pulling off. It doesnt happen all the time.

She has also just told me the car didnt start first time this evening but this may just be due to cold weather or other circumstances.

Can anyone please help?

Cheers guys, Matt

·
Registered
581 Posts
1st . Buy her a Golf or a Bora [;)]

2nd. sounds like the clutch possibly the plate springs.

Best bet is take it into the loacal garage and see what they say [Y]

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha Ollie she said to me 'dont post it up they will just tell me to buy a golf...'

Shes been looking for one ;)

Alrite cheers for your help mate, will take it somewhere later

·
pauly4226
935 Posts
shoot man,could be anything,siezed brakes mayb,is the juddering due to the engine only running on 3 cylinders? (would also feel as if its in the wrong gear),if so could be coils/ plugs /leads.could be faulty fuel pump,without any more info is very difficullt to diagnose.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks for the help man, gunna take it to a mate whos a mechanic n see if he can sort it without too much money exchanging hands!

·
Registered
214 Posts
ive had my fair share of hassle with these ciio's u might want to AVOID at al costs, there little diesel model DCI, once things start going wrong its just downhill, renault dealers have a poicy of replacing every part to try & diagnose a problem as they simpy dont have a clue

probem with gow plug light; replace glow plugs still on well must be a problem with wiring so replace wiring loom, still on, replace ecu the list is endless (yes the cost of all this is nearing the cars retail value)!!![6]

u might wanna go on the renault forums and read the horror stories neary every owner has

id go for a golf/ polo or lupoi any day of the week after owning several dci clio's, 2 of which have taken a back seat in my garage until i decide what to do with them!!![:mad:]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts