Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my renewal through today from Greenlight.... Unless I need contact lenses/glasses I wont be renewing with them as the premium is mind blowingly high.

Topped that off by doing a quick quote on Elephant/Admiral - with all mods declared - and it came out a full ?800 cheaper [:O]

Has anyone tried Liverpool Victoria or Adrian Flux?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I can never understand how despite another years claim free motoring the premium always goes up, but as a brand new customer they offer a competitive quote

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I am also about to renew mate and First Alternative have quoted me ?398 FC, as have Sainsburys (22, 5yrs NCB, 2.8 V6)...gonna ring Adrian Flux and see how close they can get. They are usually pretty good, when I was getting quotes of ?550 with the main people they quoted ?660 FC but any mods I want declared. Pretty good

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote: posted by shorty on 17/09/2004 19:05:38

I can never understand how despite another years claim free motoring the premium always goes up, but as a brand new customer they offer a competitive quote

Same here.. it's gone up by over 70% this year, why???

Okay I live in Liverpool, in one of the borderline postcodes still can't see how its gone up by so much.

Ho Hum!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Just got mine through ?613 (norwich union direct)

7 points declared

1 outstanding claim

I also got them to quote for

exhaust mod. ?636

engine mod. would not quote for this

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Don't bother with Elephant mate, apparently they're a nightmare. I went with Adrian Flux and they've been a lot cheaper than others and offer like for like replacement of my mods.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I'm with Elephant as they were very competitive and the cheapest by miles. Whether this will show if I need to make a claim I don't know, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

I did get a quote for mods thoguh - they wanted an extra ?236 for a S/S exhaust and 11-25% extra power from a chip which I thought was quite steep.[B)]

I saved myslef ?80 by adding older drivers to the policy though[^]

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Have you tried Liverpool Victoria yet, they gave me a good quote and cover all mods at no extra as long as you don't change the engine capacity.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm with esure at the moment - ?530 fully comp, with protected NCB, gf also on policy. Try confused.com, they check about 30 insurers but you only fill in one form, mind you esure was the cheapest and I didn't try elephant.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Tabs I think it must just be where you live with elephant. Mine come in at over ?2000. It wasnt evan that much 2 years ago when I bought the car.....

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I have just signed up with Greenlight. ?587 including all the mods. A little bit pricey but worth it for the peace of mind, rather than driving undeclared.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts