Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Remote Locking Key not working *Fuses Replaced...I think* Help

3K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  manicman89 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have a T Reg Golf Gti 1.8T. When I picked up the car, the remote key worked

and when i brought the car back home it was still working however, a few days

ago I had accidently blown a fuse which stopped the Alarm central locking window

and interior Light. I replaced a 5amp fuse and did the trick on everything. But the key's

remote locking still does not work. I have replaced the battery and resynced it with the car and

still no joy. the key was fine one day and the next stopped working and impossible for it to stop

working so suddenly.

I may have not replaced any other fuse so anyone who has light on the subject would greatly appreciate.

Also I have noticed fuses that sit above the cars battery could it be that?

See less See more
#9 ·
Which number fuse have you changed, I'd suggest changing the one for central locking which is number 6 :)
I have not changed that but would the be a 10amp fuse as you said.

Also forgot to mention the alarm keeps going off when I have the car open and have to stick the key in the inginition for it to stop. I hope I am not have an electrical failure. I am only panicking as it is my first car and would be gutted if it stops working.

#10 ·
Which number fuse have you changed, I'd suggest changing the one for central locking which is number 6 :)
I have not changed that but would the be a 10amp fuse as you said.

Also forgot to mention the alarm keeps going off when I have the car open and have to stick the key in the inginition for it to stop. I hope I am not have an electrical failure. I am only panicking as it is my first car and would be gutted if it stops working.

#17 ·
i have a simliar problem my key fob only unlocks the drivers door , whereas before on the second press it would unlock the passenger door and boot ??

i had trouble starting it the other day due to a broken crank sensor , which did take some life out of the battery .

ive heard that if you disconnect the battery this might resolve the fault with the ccm ? is this true as i dont want to try it just yet until i find the code for the stereo

thanks

#26 ·
Tried the battery still no Joy. I think Chris Maybe right it could well be the CCM. I have booked it in to Independent VW Mechanic for a cam belt change as the previous owner has never had it changed since it rolled off factory and it's done 148k ! so I will get him to look at that.

Windows and lights works.

I am now more awear it could be the CCM as the alarm and locking is a bit hit and miss

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.