1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a T Reg Golf Gti 1.8T. When I picked up the car, the remote key worked

and when i brought the car back home it was still working however, a few days

ago I had accidently blown a fuse which stopped the Alarm central locking window

and interior Light. I replaced a 5amp fuse and did the trick on everything. But the key's

remote locking still does not work. I have replaced the battery and resynced it with the car and

still no joy. the key was fine one day and the next stopped working and impossible for it to stop

working so suddenly.

I may have not replaced any other fuse so anyone who has light on the subject would greatly appreciate.

Also I have noticed fuses that sit above the cars battery could it be that?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10 amp? becuase i put the 5amp in and all interior lights and windows pluse alarm and central locking now works again but the remote lock.

Are you sure ? Don't want to put 10amp and over load it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is more than one fuse for the CCM that controls the locking functions, check out the Fuse thread in the FAQ section
Ok I have 3 of the green fuses on top of the battery. I will have to photograph it to show but one does not look right.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is more than one fuse for the CCM that controls the locking functions, check out the Fuse thread in the FAQ section
Just had a look for that thread and could not find it do you have a link to it please.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Which number fuse have you changed, I'd suggest changing the one for central locking which is number 6 :)
I have not changed that but would the be a 10amp fuse as you said.

Also forgot to mention the alarm keeps going off when I have the car open and have to stick the key in the inginition for it to stop. I hope I am not have an electrical failure. I am only panicking as it is my first car and would be gutted if it stops working.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Which number fuse have you changed, I'd suggest changing the one for central locking which is number 6 :)
I have not changed that but would the be a 10amp fuse as you said.

Also forgot to mention the alarm keeps going off when I have the car open and have to stick the key in the inginition for it to stop. I hope I am not have an electrical failure. I am only panicking as it is my first car and would be gutted if it stops working.

·
Super Moderator
50,230 Posts
The battery top fuses have nothing to do with the alarm or central locking,check these two 15 ampers which often get overlooked with these sort of problems....

Posted Image

Chris.

·
Super Moderator
50,230 Posts
Imagewerx - where abouts in the car is this? As i have exactly the same problem as manicman89.
Immediately above the drivers right foot behind lots of panels held on with Torx T20 screws.

Chris.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have a simliar problem my key fob only unlocks the drivers door , whereas before on the second press it would unlock the passenger door and boot ??

i had trouble starting it the other day due to a broken crank sensor , which did take some life out of the battery .

ive heard that if you disconnect the battery this might resolve the fault with the ccm ? is this true as i dont want to try it just yet until i find the code for the stereo

thanks

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The battery top fuses have nothing to do with the alarm or central locking,check these two 15 ampers which often get overlooked with these sort of problems....

Chris.
Ok One question where do these fuses sit in the car ?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
should have just seen that ok. Will check that out first before I change spark plugs. Also does anyone have DIY thread I can have a look at for spark plug replacement ?

·
Registered
214 Posts
im having problem, where the central lockin dont work on passenger side , the electric windows dont work on driver side my mechanic is lookin into it as we speak

4 door gt tdi golf 2002

1 - 20 of 28 Posts