Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite a few of you guys will probably remember way back in May this year (04) that I bought a MFD D Sat Nav from a chap in Germany who traded on ebay. The short version of this tale is that he offered to sell me it outside of ebay for ?620. Foolishly I agreed[:eek:)], transferred the cash and no sat nav came![:(!] 6 months of german aggro with the police, ebay, prosecutors office in Glauchau, and the individual then followed. He maintains he sent it too me uninsured and it must of got lost! A neighbour of mine's sister lives in Berlin and hence speaks fluent German. She helped me out and after two weeks of comms. ze german wanted to play ball, providing I stop the legal action that was mounting against him.

Well today, parcelforce delivered to me a mint condition MFD G (yes a G!) along with security code, triplex aerial and leads. I have fitted it and it all works fine and to be honest I am amazed and chuffed to bits. I had long ago sourced another MFD G so it was surplus! but it has been snapped up by a user on here (for no profit I hasten to add) and the German plod have been stopped.

The moral of this torrid tale is that if you buy from ebay there is always a risk, but NEVER trade outside of it, I am very very lucky. Also be prepared to have the need to communicate in a foreign lingo if it all goes pear shaped. The German police from what I have experieced take this sort of stuff pretty seriously.

When all this kicked off on here last May a lot of you guys helped me out and gave advice etc. you know who you are and cheers guys, you're all stars.

At last a happy ending!![:D][:D]

Oh, one last note, do ya reckon it's worth fitting the triplex aerial? I have an under dash magnetic gps at the mo.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Great result.......and nothing short of what you deserved.

Yes, the Germans have a very different way of looking at crime......it does arise from the war too.

Alot of the attitudes stem from the newer generation that seem to have come through.

There are, of course, still the bad apples but if you look at how the germans trade on eBay for example they do seem to approach the whole thing with different rules etc.

I am still not sure that trading through eBay rather than outside, would have gained you anything, but hey, that's life.

Good result, well done!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote: posted by simch on 29/11/2004 19:05:39

BTW what was his name in the end? Wesson or whatever?

His name is Joerg Enghardt, obviously a trustworthy chappy??[:eek:)]

Trades on ebay as frankonia0_2.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers for the support guys, it was a real pain for 6 months. It is a lesson well learnt, that fortunately turned out well. One point that I forgot to mention is that an excuse he used with the politzei was that his pc screwed up and he needed to reinstall everything, that's the sort of stuff that multiple viruses etc could cause isn't it?LOL[;)] You know who you are and cheers dude! Best I get the drinks in for my resident German helper when she next visits here[B)]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts