Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right then... Booked in at jbs on monday for my remap and other goodies. I have a 99 AGU, k03s,neuspeed intake pipe, green panel filter,(with cold air feed) Milltek 2.5" downpipe +cat, 2.5"cat back anniversary system(to be fitted at the same time) and is going to be mapped on custom code phase 2. What i wandered was, what sort of figures am i looking at? would 230 be realistic? will i need to uprate the fuel pressure regulator? as i might as well have it done at the same time.

Im really looking forward to having it done, cant wait for the end results.

I have replaced the maf, plugs, oil, is it worth me cleaning the throttle body?

As usual, thanks for looking

andy

·
Registered
354 Posts
andy

the best thing to do is put it on a rolling road once your happy with the setup of the car. What's most important is how the car feels rather than the numbers, but I'm sure you will be very happy with the results. Certainly with the new downpipe and CAI it should be pretty good.

Hint, when you take it for RR sessions, don't tell them the car has been remapped, it reduces the chances of a RR results lottery!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
TB depends on the miles on the clock, won't do any harm put it that way.

I would check with JBS on the 4 bar as you may well need it, certainly the Revo stage 2 code (though not available for the AGU) requires a 4 bar fpr.

Also give the car a once over, i.e. check the oil and fluids and tyre pressures just to make sure that it is ready for Monday.

Make sure you have a decent amount of Optimax, Tesco 99 or other high octane in the tank.

I would also check that all of the boost pipe hoseclips are tight and in good nick as you don't want one leaking on the day.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Andy,

I'm assuming you have money burning a hole in your pocket!

I would have thought the FPR would be required but I'm not as up to speed as I was.

Got an uprated DV? If not then I can strongly recommend the Forge Eliminator. JBS would more than likely have to order one in for you though.

Cleaning the throttle body would be a good idea if you want to cover all the bases. Clean the air filter too.

And to go along with the others, yes run some Optimax through it and check stuff like tyre pressures plus don't get too hung up on numbers.

Have a good weekend [:)]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i was busy last night, checked all the vacuum hoses, Removed and cleaned throttle body, cleaned all electrical connections around maf and airbox, removed and cleaned smic, checked oil level, water level and thats about it.......... When it goes to jbs im having an uprated d/v and new green panel filter fitted at the same time, so i cant see anything else that will want doing apart from the fpr..which im not sure about yet? looking forward though i know it will be an exciting drive home.

at rich1068...worked lots of weekends and some 12/13hr days so i hope its going to be worth my while...

thanks for the advice

andy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yip the piston sticks some times as it heats up, as the tolerances are right tight.

go for a forge diverter i got one today and was told that if anythig ever went wrong with it would be replaced for free

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will be having the car back tomorrow last thing so 22h 20mins and counting........ cant wait to see what it feels like!!!!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Two options here

1) He's so impressed that he's been driving since 7th March and doesn't want to waste time with all this t'interweb tomfoolery

2) He's still waiting for James to turn up

Loyal customer as I am, I'm going for option 1

[:D]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sorry its took me so long to get back.....what a hectic fortnight, well here goes this is my review...

i cant funking believe how a car that ive had for nearly three years now can feel so different and so bloody fast...im still gobsmacked, it was worth every penny. A piece of advice for anybody considering getting a remap... just do it you wont believe the difference.

Anyways.. as some of you may already know, my car was at jbs on mon 6th. for full milltek turbo back anni exhaust, custom code phase 2 remap, forge d/v and green filter(to replace my previous green). All was going well until i had phone call to say that some extra work was required on may car.(to cut a long story short, in december i slid on some ice doing about 20mph and wolloped a kerb causing damage to the subframe and sump. The sump was sorted and the subframe had a small dink in it which was knocked out as best as it could be. After this i could always hear a creeking noise as the lower arm was still slightly rubbing the frame. I decided to leave it for the time being as my man at vw was sourcing me one for ?150. So on monday i recieved a call to say that the remap was being put on hold until somthing could be done to the subframe as it was unsafe. I told jbs the story behind my new frame and they managed to also source a subframe for the same price so they carried this out also whilst may car was there, which delayed things slightly. I picked the car up late on tuesday night with everything complete including a new powerflex bush and as soon as i started the car up everything felt very ridgid and how it should be if you know what i mean. The drive home back to stoke was frightening to say the least. It was a shame it was pi**ing it down as when i gave it some it just wanted to spin up even in second and a tiny scrabble in third. what i noticed was how smooth the delivery was. When it hits 3k it hits peak boost which i think according to james is over 1 bar, but pulls like a train all the way to the redline. It felt seriously quick. I was told to see what i thought of the remap and go back next week and see if there could be any more tweeks made. So last weekend i returned to have my forge tip fitted as i wanted to see if i could perhaps squeeze a tiny bit more power out.The tip was fitted but unfortunatly james was stuck on the phone so i missed him and had to return this saturday for another review. In the end some timing was adjusted at the top end and some more boost was squeezed out and now im very very impressed. Cant believe what a transformation its made to the car. Feels very powerfull and sounds awesome.

Sorry for the essay but i think you'll get the jist.

Overall im very impressed with what i recieved from jbs. Customer service is amoungst the best ive seen. It seems that everybody there cannot do enough for you. very very impressed.

In terms of power i was given a rough idea by the data that it was around 220+bhp but im not 100% sure until i can get it dyno'd. Im very pleased consdering i have an agu with k03s. It feels awesome, its an absolute must for any 1.8t owner.

a big thumbs up to the jbs lot.

thanks for looking.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes i agree,cant fault anything, james is a good bloke and so are the rest of the team! This is one place that are honest and trustworthy, and their work is unfaultable. Now compare this with a stealer who rob you blind, fill you with bu**shit and just care about your pound notes!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts