Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys..

do i need to upgrade any more parts if i remap my 1.9 tdi pd 115ps ?

will it not ruin gearbox or something else?

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
It differes from car to car based on its age, milage, driver, and location.

Some cars need nothing other than a remap, some need new turbos, clutches, boost controllers, pipe clamps etc....

The list is endless, because as soon as you mod a car from factory spec, the components are not designed with the mod in mind and can wear out quicker.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
my 115 i was booked in at R tech for a remap. before i was due to go i got the following.

PD150 inlet manifold, cleaned it out and got it powerflowed.

Allard EGR delete

Allard Catch/breather tank.

de catted

57mm alloy intercooler pipes with silicone elbows.

Replaced and simplified vac pipes with silicone to reduce leakage.

cotten panel filter and cold air feed to air box.

you dont have to do all that but i wanted as much out of mine as possible without changing turbos and injectors. i could`nt afford a FMIC either hence i didnt fit one! A week before the map the turbo poo`ed its pants so i say its wanted a big arse turbo!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
i got my old golf gti turbo re-mapped and had the car for about a year after re-map

and nothing went wrong with the car at all and every thing was standard on the car,

and it rang like a dream mate,

im getting a re-map 2moro evening and i cant wait

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
A remap wont do damage to the engine but will highlight any weak components for example if your clutch is on its way out the clutch will finish it off, you can remap it without any mods fine but can add mods to get more from it

craig

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers guys [Y] ill think about remaping very seriously now, i might even leave engine standart, invest in k&n induction kit instead.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
on diesels, filters dont make a huge difference, if you do put one on most people just go for a panel filter but upto you [:D]

craig

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah you wright m8. ive read somewhere that Green Cotton panel filter are good, about £45 on ebay.

·
Registered
318 Posts
A remap wont do damage to the engine but will highlight any weak components for example if your clutch is on its way out the clutch will finish it off, you can remap it without any mods fine but can add mods to get more from it

craig
i second that[:S]

promised myself i wouldnt go too mental after my r-tech remap ....but a cupra r dangled its line and i took the bait.clutch slipped briefly but i blew the cupra away.

now saving for a new clutch [:p]

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Don't be tempted to go all out power. I was in a 150 tuned to 220bhp and it was a total pig to drive. My 130 has a map around 175bhp but the power delivery is silky smooth and no extra black smoke.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
it depends what you want from your car i dont think your mpg will make a big difference but it wont improve it and btw the green cotton panel filter is the best choice

1 - 13 of 13 Posts