5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone just been looking at chipped uk's site and for the
december month there doing chips for ?75-?100 and remaps for ?150ish
heres a description of what they say, now i think i know what im
getting sonny for christmas [:D]

Chip Tuning.

This is where we replace your existing EPROM (Chip) inside your car?s
DME (E.C.U) for a Chip which has a modified file programmed onto it.

This will in almost all cases give sharper throttle response, Improved power and better fuel economy.

Remapping.

This is where we upload a file to the car via the car?s OBD port.

This is called "Flash Tuning" and is the way most modern cars are
programmed and offers great flexibility in tuning options whether your
car is has a Petrol or Diesel engine.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
God that is cheap. But i've also never heard of them - and seeing as a bad remap could ruin a car, i'd rather spend the extra to be honest.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i don't think that there a bad company as they're doing a handfull of gumball cars at the moment so if people are willing to leave them 100 grand cars to soop up i think they must do a good job, also the prices are only cheap for the december month after that they double again. I'll be looking in to it tommorow and may go down there on tuesday to have a look at the premises and may just get sonnys car remapped if he likes what he see's.

Sat

·
Registered
45 Posts
Guys, Ive been after a remap but didnt want to spend the REVO cash!!! So after reading this thread gave chipped uk a call and....

Spoke to a guy called Jason re the remap options for my 1.8t, advice he gave is that for ?150 all in he can get a 37hp increase if the cars a post Sept 99 model.....

Mines pre Sept 99 and theres no direct re-map available, however hes offered to have a play with it and see what he can get out of it!!! Gonna give him a call back and hopefully arrange, if it all works out this may be a great "bang per buck" option the forum, not sure but maybe we could get a forum discount set-up??

All in all this guys sounds like he knows exactly what hes talking about and the feedback from the bm forum is of a very high standard....he also advised about the potential reliability issues with remapping the car up to high etc.....

I reckon for money, power and reliability this could be the best deal going..... will let you know soon as...

·
Registered
45 Posts
also sent him the UK MKIV forum address....hopefully he will pop over and give us some more details if need be...

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Guys, Ive been after a remap but didnt want to spend the REVO cash!!! So after reading this thread gave chipped uk a call and....

Spoke to a guy called Jason re the remap options for my 1.8t, advice he gave is that for ?150 all in he can get a 37hp increase if the cars a post Sept 99 model.....
Hmmmm, so that would give you 187bhp then, compared to around 215-220hp that REVO, Jabba etc will offer. Im not knocking the place, but it seems obvious why its cheaper, the maps just arent as developed.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Ask yourself this: What's the worst that could happen??

If you don't think that scenario is a problem - then DO IT !

·
Registered
658 Posts
Hiya people.

My name is Jay, I own and run www.chippeduk.com and will gladly put any of my work against any company in the UK or Europe.

We are the uk official partners of Dimsport which is te worlds leading tuning house and use the best equipment availible with over ?130,000 of tuning equipment with a 4wd rolling road being built as we speak.

Each car gives different gains and we are up there offering the best service availible.

For the people with loads of money who think you have to be ripped off by these tuning companies charging ?500 then great, ill do the same for ?500.00

For the rest we start at ?150 for a remap to your engine and ?200 for a live remap which is where you drive the car whilst i map it.

We have over 4500 bmw`s mapped by us as well as ferrari, porsche, lotus, meserati, jenson and lambourghini.

We have done 7 gumball cars which a combined value of over $2,000,000 so we are not only aimed at the mid scale but the high end as well.

I charge what i beleive is a fair price, some charge 300, some 400 but i do well at the prices i charge so its good this end.

Remember this.

If you buy a map of someone and they come to you and then have to email the file and wait for it back what are you getting ?

a file made by someone who doesnt know the car which is a generic map, they only read the original for the ews or immobiliser codes and dont map the car in front of you taking into account exactly what you require.

With chippeduk you have full input into the whole process.

Anyway, have a good xmas peeps.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Cool,

How long are those prices available for, and have you ever chipped a V5 170?

Thanks

Matty
I havent done one yet but would like to do one.

It matters not anyway as it would be a live map so the gains would be as much as is possible without going past munufacturers guidelines.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If we done a group buy on the remaps or live maps whats the best price
you do on them, my brother called yourself on monday about remapping a
gt tdi 115 version if you remember and you said around ?200.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts