Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking of get this done soon. now amd is a long drive for me but this guy is having rollers fitted in rochdale http://www.chipwizards.co.uk/ .He dose dubsports remapping and claims same gains as amd has anybody any experience with him? cheers with any help lee

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I would be interested in this, as I would like a remap but the only proven remap for the 4motion seems to be AMD and they are way too far from liverpool to make it that viable, but Blackburn is much closer.

What gains are they offereing? have they any testimonials from previous customers, if not why not? if they are so new will they give discount to new customers? Saying that I have heard very good things about a guy who does dubsports remapping but cannot for the life of me remember his name and dont know if he can do 4motions.

Lee have you spoke to them yourself did they seem knowledgeable? etc etc I am really keen on this and would love not too have to go down south for my remap!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by blackburn on 09/02/2005 07:45:21

i am thinking of get this done soon. now amd is a long drive for me but this guy is having rollers fitted in rochdale http://www.chipwizards.co.uk/ .He dose dubsports remapping and claims same gains as amd has anybody any experience with him? cheers with any help lee

Ditto all that andy has said!!! [:D]

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by andymac on 09/02/2005 15:27:00

GROUP BUY?

Im up for that!! As long as its pukka, that is a 4wd rolling road, and that it gets me the right gains from my 4mo, which will have Carbonio CAI, supersprint full exhaust and decat pipe... [:D]

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you search wizardchips in goggle there is a lot of stuff on him.people seem to talk good of him i know he dose Porsche cup cars too. i asked him about it being a fwd rollers he said no point take the fuse out for the heldex clutch and 2 wheel drive car(a lot of people having switches put on the system now so they can switch 4wd to 2wd) get better results he says. as for gains he says about 20%. blackburn collage has a four wheel roller that can get access to as they wanted him to go and lecture there but he said no point its not needed. as for GB when i searched wizardchips found a few things on him doing that even staying till daft O'Clock in the morning to get the job done so seems a sound guy. just need to find out about this heldex fuse thing cant see him talking bulls*** about that. yes i spoke to him he seems knowledgeable seen him do a 300hp mk1 vr6 turbo remap when a dubsport

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
about could be 15% tho which is about right in with amd will phone him tomorrow again and get it as much info as poss and let you know

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
see if hell do a gropu buy it will get him a good name on here and alot of new custom

ps its easy to disable the 4x4 haldex you just unplug the haldex ecu which is on top of the rear diff, ps did he give you a price.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I reckon this is a really good find I have done lots and lot of googling and this guy seems absolutely spot on noone has a bad word on him and he really seems to be respected for knowing what he is doing, from kit car enthusiaiss to the Seat forums through to the porsche cup guys!

Black burn please get me some prices

TIA

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Yes from what I have read tonight wayne reprograms your existing eeprom to optimise timing and fueling and ignition accross the whole range and can even optimise it for your driving style.

Aswell I see that alot of people have only paid ?300-?400

wheres me credit card

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rang him today his rollers will be in in 5 week's. as GB he said about ?350.gains he said are about 10 to 15 bhp depending on what mods you have also said i am a straight guy i dont exaggerate my figures you will get what you are paying for. As for his pedigree has worked for Porsche cup teams,cosworth(would think they would only have the best) and he has been in the game for 15 years plus. very nice guy took his time to give me as much info over the phone as possible infarct i was struggling to get off the phone.My money his going to him least i will have accurate figures they don't sound as good in the pub but its not size that matters its what you do with it[^]so they say

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Quote: posted by andymac on 09/02/2005 20:47:09

see if hell do a gropu buy it will get him a good name on here and alot of new custom

ps its easy to disable the 4x4 haldex you just unplug the haldex ecu which is on top of the rear diff, ps did he give you a price.

This is ok for single power runs but not recommended for continuous running (typically 2-4hrs for a remap) as the rear diff can overheat.

·
Registered
811 Posts
If he ever gets round to it he is mapping my turbo...... Got a lot of very good reports about Wayne. Just awkward for me and him, however he was willing to travel to a local RR to map my car. Now i just need to find a time that suits us both..

He seems very realistic about his power claims (certainly for a 1.8t anyway) so if i get things sorted i will let you guys know what i think of it.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Gonna Bump this for us V6er's Blackburn do you fancy giving him a tinkle again, see if he wants to do this for 3 or so v6's

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by andymac on 07/03/2005 23:32:19

Gonna Bump this for us V6er's Blackburn do you fancy giving him a tinkle again, see if he wants to do this for 3 or so v6's

Just of note andy, ive heard a vicious rumour that AMD have dropped their prices?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts