Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new ecu remap and new maf and coil pack? car still running like the maf has gone?

is this true that if you get a new maf your cars ecu will read it as a fault untill you get faults deleted from ecu and dash?

thanks for any help

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
was about to say the same thing. You need to clear the error code using vag com them it should appear again.

if it does then it may be something else at fault.

who did you get mapped with? Though they would have been able to resovle this for you

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have just booked it in to a garage 2moro to get a diagnostics test done, is this the same as a vag com?

i got a remap through uk chip tunning, but im to far away to get them to check

thanks

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
The garage may have vag com or an diagnostic alternative.

Sounds like the codes just need clearing but a full diagnostics check will show if anything else is faulty.

let us know how it goes

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
p0445

p0136

p0031

p0101

p0412

p0418

p0037

hi does any one what these codes stand for? garage put a test on and all these came up,

1 is a maf sensor and i have just bought a new boosch maf from euro car parts?

·
Registered
379 Posts
A few of those codes are MAF related, a couple are O2 sensor related, one is something about heater control! I quickly Googled each and wrote VW after, a few of them returned quite a bit of detail on what to do about the problem too, have a butchers.

Who did your remap then, it might be harder now that you've left their premises but it would have been good to test for faults and fix / clear them prior to the remap, you'd feel like your money was better spent if you left with a car running correctly surely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts