Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Gottit. I think.

Pro..
Moves the DV from the back so it looks a bit less cluttered.

Cons..
Expensive (unless you diy)
No noticeable gains.

Wonder if I could just move it a little bit...
It's really messy back there...

·
VR6 GT35 4mo
11,470 Posts
Remove all emission related valves and you'll only have the DV and PCV valve. Shouldn't be too messy after that.

You could also install a TFSI valve & flange and control the recirc using the ECU (like the N249 is for) and remove the vacuum DV totally. Means you could relocate to wherever you wanted. Most of the stock pipework is all rubber/silicone so you'd need to find alloy somewhere.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Remove all emission related valves and you'll only have the DV and PCV valve. Shouldn't be too messy after that.

You could also install a TFSI valve & flange and control the recirc using the ECU (like the N249 is for) and remove the vacuum DV totally. Means you could relocate to wherever you wanted. Most of the stock pipework is all rubber/silicone so you'd need to find alloy somewhere.
Thats intrested me... so is that run striaght off the n249 valve loom with no other mapping? Or is that something that has to be redone in the ecu

·
VR6 GT35 4mo
11,470 Posts
Kind of - you can recalibrate the ECU to get it to dump at specific points. Handy for having a light flutter under low loads or light throttle release but have it actually dump when you lift at high loads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts