Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just changed my front discs there. Put everything back on went a test drive and a red exclamation mark came up blinking on my dash. Anyone have any ideas what I could have disturbed? Was playing about with an ABS sensor as well because one isn't working so could it be that?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Think it must just be to do with the ABS. Because my ABS light has been on and when I had the front wheels off I was playing about with the wire to see if it would make a difference then that light came on and the ABS one still is. Will just plug it in, see what plug it is needs changed and go from there. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
390 Posts
If its the front ones then it might just be the sensor that detects wear on the front pads.... If youve unplugged that then thats probably your problem. Especially if the car is driving fine and braking fine too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I got this yesterday, with a big STOP flashing at me when i turned the ignition on. Turned it off and on again, and all is fine :p.

Could the cold be playing with the electrics? As I left it outside the night prior to this happening and it was bloody cold! Also when I switched the lights on the ABS light flashed :s - leading me to thinking it was just the cold messing with things. (if thats possible)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Took the wheel off and played about with that sensor again turned the ignition on and its gone. Must just be a dodgy one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.