Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys have finally found with the help of Simon, (Baker21) the original hella rear red/black/red clusters that have a proper black centre section, here it is :

Posted Image

now compare that to the original red/smoked/red, and i think on my black golf it,ll look great!!!:

Posted Image

what do you think, Ive found it quite hard to decide on the rear lights , but now think ive found the perfect ones, or was that R/C/C/R,s , or the crystal inpros, which is one the sig?????????, damn decisions , decisions, please advise!

thanks Zak

·
Premium Member
3,497 Posts
Zak, I've always thought that the orig GTI lights look best on black like ours. But you may have just changed my mind. I'll reserve judgement though until I've seen them in the flesh.

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the photo chopped sig pic does look nice now, as it has the red/black/red lenses and only the vw rear badge it has lost the exhaust and the r32 sign.

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PJ ,looks like i may go for the red/black/red ones, so you should see them soon , or will they go in my garage until April?, my garage is a bit full now!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I was completely unaware that there were two different styles until Hz2921 pointed this out!!

I will try and get some pictures and see if I can post them up.

So what price do you have on these rearlamps then?

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive tried tinting spray before and the light dosnt come out as well as a properly made black/smoked plastic lense, hopefully Simon will be able to get some pictures of the red/black/red lenses so we can see the difference ourselves, if its anything like the ones in the picture at the top of this thread then Simon will have some money making its way to him!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I hate to say this but I am going too - companies like Hella spend thousands of pounds designing and developing lamps with the correct optics and reflective areas to emit the legal light spread.

People then wish to spray these lenses to make them darker and therefore omit the light making it less visible.

This causes problems such as people driving into the back of each other and MOT failures in extreme cases.

I don't agree with spraying lamps but people will always do what they want!!

BUY THE REAL THING!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I haven't been about here for ages but just noticed this post... I have a set of RED/BLACK/RED lights on my non-gti tornado red golf, and it looks great... The standard GTI lights look a bit 'brown' i think...

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
AndrewM,

Post up some pics then mate, I am having problems finding time to go into the warehouse and take some pictures.

The smoked ones will look brown as they have an internal amber lens and an outer smoked lens giving the brown look.

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote: posted by AndrewM on 20/01/2005 14:35:38

I haven't been about here for ages but just noticed this post... I have a set of RED/BLACK/RED lights on my non-gti tornado red golf, and it looks great... The standard GTI lights look a bit 'brown' i think...

PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEE!!!!, exactly what i want to see!

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Simon, did you have a chance to go to the warehouse?, would really like to see a picture of the rear clusters, or if anyone has them on there car, please post a piccy.

Zak

1 - 20 of 59 Posts