Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WAXFANTASTIC!!! all one word

Fantastic and only takes 10mins to wax your car. No need to shamy and waste time, just wash and go. Water just runs off the car, I have even used it inside on the dash. Recommened by BMW and the manufacturers are trying to get halfords to take stock. Utterly brilliant! You will have trouble getting hold of it.

go to qvc website and search for waxfantastic, costs about ?30 for 7 packs, each pack holds 4 cloths. bargin! I bought it and sold it to everyone in my office with 15mins of opening the box.

goto http://www.carix.co.uk [:D]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Sorry, but what bollox.[V]

Its a product for people who use the super market car wash & want to do a little bit extra.

I've seen those "water less" car wash products in Halfrauds & almost felt like crying.

Nothing is as good as washing, leathering, & waxing the car, nothing !!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't knock it until you have tried it, I was the same until I used one. I have used MER and other products that claim to work but this does and no wax marks, cream or dust deposits when you're done. It also doesn't take all day. What have you got to loose?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Er, I would tread carefully mate... Do you have any links with this said product? We've had other people come on here and pretend to be recommending a product when in fact they have a vested interest in it.

If you have, I would go through the forum's admins, the rates are reasonable I'm sure.

·
Registered
424 Posts
So where does the dirt go????????? This product should be used on a summer's day to show you how many micro scratches you have just applied to you'r paintwork when the sun shine's on it......ONE TO AVOID...[V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am just saying that MER DOESN'T work and that WAXFANTASTIC does. If you read the original post and visited http://www.carix.co.uk you could read it yourself. I will gain nothing from you trying this product I was only trying to inform you of it, thats what this is about right????? Just trying to save you hours or days of wasted effort but it seems to be falling on deaf ears.

Waxfantastic

Waxfantastic revolutionises car cleaning and maintenance! Click above to check out what the Sunday Times said about 21st century car care! NOW ALSO RECOMMENDED BY GERMAN "AUTO-ZEITUNG"!

BMW approval for GlycoShell

GlycoShell

is now also approved by BMW!

·
Registered
712 Posts
I know it might seem like it's falling on deaf ears mate, but if you knew some of the troubles that the admins/mods have had on here with previous companies doing this, you'd understand! [:)]

What else have you tried? I use Autoglym, but then again, I do prefer to go through the whole routine [:I][:D]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do admit I use autoglym on the windows and have the autoglym whole nine yards in the garage. I also use the autoglym window cleaner around the house [:I]. One tiny secret is instead of using autoglym or any other bumper care on old cars try using WD40. I use to own a K reg golf and sold it a few months ago and it looked a treat using the waxfantastic on the bodywork and WD40 on the bumpers.

How do I show pics on here, sorry new to this[:I]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
As I see it there are tried and tested methods for cleaning a car - and the product your detailing (in great detail might I add <sniffs>) is one of those products that has pretty much been relegated to the realms of QVC for a reason.

If you are trying to publicise this product then your going about it the wrong way, and to be honest its not a good product at that anyway so I'd start looking through the rest of the Detail and Car Care forum to see what kind of products everybody uses - you'll find no one would touch yours with a barge pole [;)]

·
Registered
137 Posts
I saw those waxfantastic wipes advertised on qvc before and was pretty tempted to get some, but I wouldn't for one second consider using them on a dirty or even semi dirty car simply for the sake of all the little abrasions that it would cause.

I figured they may be quite handy for applying a quick waxing after a wash but then decided it's highly debateable how much wax those things have plus there are loads of I'm sure much better spray on quick waxes that you can use to top up the wax between full waxes so I never bothered.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Lets not get off on the wrong foot, My_First_V5, but can you explain why you've got www.carix.co.uk set as your Homepage in your profile??

It's great that you've got a V5 and that you're offering input into the site, but, please, advertising your own products is a big no-no.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Having read about these - I have to say my flabber is gasted.

I thought I was mis reading, no water??? seriously? And the dirt is "absorbed" into the cloth?

What a load of tosh. How can dirt be absorbed into the cloth, without a media for it to travel in i.e. water? By Osmosis?

As Tabs says these products are on QVC for a reason.

If you have a tiny piece if grit on your car that you wipe ove with this cloth, then it will NOT be absorbed into the cloth by some miracle of science, it WILL however leave a big nasty ugly scratch on your car.

I saw this picture on their website - and the rear of my car is in about that state - if someone were to simply wipe a cloth across it as per the picture, they would be taking their nuts home in a jar.

Posted Image

Go find a dirty Ferrari and ask the owner if he will let you simply wipe a cloth across the bonnet without washing and rinsing first....

·
Registered
464 Posts
Oh and by the way the "recommended by BMW" bit is a little misleading too...

BMW have approved GlycoShell - that is an engine lubricant concentrate. See picture below. At no point can I see that BMW have approved the use of these cloths.

If you are representing the company selling these cloths, as far as I can see you have just misrepresented your goods.

BMW approval for GlycoShell

GlycoShell

is now also approved by BMW!

This is GlycoShell
Posted Image

1 - 20 of 31 Posts