Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting through all four series of 24 and the first series of
Lost, me and the missus are now looking for something else to start on
until 24 season 5 and Lost season 2 are available.

Is there something good we've missed or can anybody recommend anything to buy next?

I have the first two seasons of The Sopranos but she can't get in to it so that's something for me to watch some other time.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Yeah if you want something more movie like then Band of Brothers is
hard to beat. If you get the R1 version it has a DTS soundtrack which
is fantastic (particularly episode 8 when they get bombarded).

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Another vote for Band of Brothers.  Teachers is a good watch too.  I also have a few series of the Simpsons (great when you are home ill).

·
Registered
602 Posts
Another vote for Band of Brothers. Teachers is a good watch too. I also have a few series of the Simpsons (great when you are home ill).
Yeah simpsons 2nded for sure

Try Family Guy

Southpark

Futurama

The A-team series 1 & 2

Monkeydust

The Pinkpanther films and cartoons

The sporanos is ace ive watched alll the series now and just love it.

Im sure there are more that are escaping me at the moment...

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Another vote for smallville, brilliant program and at around ?25 per season for 25 episodes is excellent VFM. There's currently 4 seasons available and the 5th season is on Episode 10 in the US and Episode 1 was on E4 last night.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I just got Red Dwarf Series 1 - 4 box set + Spooks series 2 box set [:)] not watched Spooks yet but I always enjoy it when its on [:)]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seen Band Of brothers but I agree, its a superb boxset.

I think I'll try the Smallville series, Alias and Prison Break which isnt on DVD yet but sounds really good.

I believe 24 Series 5 starts soon in the US though its not something I could watch every week.
I always find myself watching another then another, just don't think I could stand waiting another week for the next episode!!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Alias is good, series 1 to 4 on DVD now I think
Ditto - If you love/like "24" and Lost then you will defo like Alias seris 1 to 4. None of the series' are borring... it keeps you entertained all the way through... it keeps you guessing and there are some great guess appearances.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Band of Brothers is an excellent box set although there are only 10 episodes I think.
Is this really that good as I bought the US version and I started to watch it but I could not get into it (I do like a good war film), everytime I looked at David S (Ross from Fiends) I could not take it serious.

Is it worth continuing to watch?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kev, stick with Band Of Brothers, its well worth it.

Just ordered season one of Alias, hopfully here for the weekend.

Anybody want to buy a mint Lost, complete season one R1 boxset? [:D]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Kev, stick with Band Of Brothers, its well worth it.
I will try it again tonight... cheers mate...... I'll have to start watching the first ones again, as it was such a long time ago that I first started to watch it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts