Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost Season 3 starts in October, looks like they will air seven episodes then continue showing the rest from January 07 onwards.
24 Season 6 starts in January 07, Prison Break Season 2 starts August 21st 06 - can't wait for this one :)

I've watched the first 11 episodes of 'Over There', 2 more to go - what a gem this show is. If anybody has yet to watch this then I can highly recommend it.
When I've finished that I still have Sleeper Cell and The Unit.

It seems the Americans have a monopoly on good TV shows at the moment.
Any more shows in the same vein i've missed?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi Gaz

One of my favs is "The Shield" on channel 5

An american cop series about a corrupt tactical squad its on its fifth series but you need to watch it from series one.

Stu

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
I can't believe i didnt get a chance to get into lost/prison break. I missed the 1st few episode of lost and didnt bother trying to get into it halfway through. [:'(]

Watched about 10 minutes of prison break and didnt get a chance to watch any more! [:mad:]

Will be finishing off the 2nd season of 24 today! One word that sums it up - Excellent! [Y]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats you busy until 24 season six starts in January [:D]
It wasn't so long ago that I gave 24 a chance, watched the first episode of season one then found myself instantly hooked. I watched at least one episode per night until I had worked my way through the first four seasons!
You really need to give Lost and Prison Break another chance though.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
You watched one episode per night?!?!?? thats must have taken you age to finish the 4 seasons! [:O]

I just finished season 2 last night, finished whole of season 2 in uer a week (due to working night shift!)[:O] Will be getting hold of season 3 soon, so cant wait! [:)]

Once i have finished all of the 24's, i intend on giving lost a go, but dont want to resort to watching downloaded dodgy copies. I'd rather try and get hold of the dvds. Much better that way! [:)]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At least one per night, watched the first 4 seasons within a couple of months.
It certainly left me craving for season 5.

I wouldnt be without my torrent downloads, most of the TV stuff I watch is in the back room on a 26" Samsung LCD TV due to my 3 year old daughter sleeping directly above the living room so top notch picture quality and DD5.1 isn't really an issue.

Rome is another series i've recently grabbed, anybody watched it yet?

·
Registered
495 Posts
I thoroughly enjoyed Rome when it was on earlier this year.

Have you got around to Sleeper Cell yet? We watched it a little while ago and it really is good. I notice Channel 4 are showing it at the moment too.

Freda is telling me to recommend Greys Anatomy too. A bit 'chick flick' and nothing like any of the other recommendations but maybe you'd both watch it [:D]? Channel 5 for some reason stopped mid series saying it was the end of the season but 'you know where' has about another twenty episodes.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
If your looking for light hearted entertainment keep an eye out for is Las Vegas. One series that started very recently with mixed views is Blade the series. And two more that i quite liked that should have season 2 starting soon is Invasion and Surface.

·
Registered
570 Posts
And two more that i quite liked that should have season 2 starting soon is Invasion and Surface.
Surface season 2 has been canned as have Stargate SG-1 after this season 10. The Unit is very good as is Over There. One of my favourites at the moment is NCIS:Navy Criminal Investigation Unit so its like CSI etc...... I have bee enjoy the new Battlestar Galactica series as well.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Anyone seen a series on sky3, called las vegas?

Don't know what the storyline is like, but definitely had some totties in it! [;)]

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I am hooked on N.C.I.S at the moment.

Cannot get enough of them.

Not in to the C.S.I ones , but Mark Marmon is great and Duckie played by David McCallum

Really good.

Sarah

·
Registered
570 Posts
I am hooked on N.C.I.S at the moment.

Cannot get enough of them.

Not in to the C.S.I ones , but Mark Marmon is great and Duckie played by David McCallum

Really good.

Sarah
Have to agree with you on all points there [:D]

Haivng now watched all 3 series to a finish I will say the end of series 3 is very good indeed [;)]

Just cant wait until series 4 begins.......

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Kyle XY is by all accounts meant to be very good.Just havnt had the time of late to start watching,

but about 4 of my mates are raving about how good it is.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I am with you on that one!!!

Cant wait for it to start again.

He CANNOT leave , he has a lovely smile [:D]

Hopefully we will not have long to wait

Sarah

·
Registered
841 Posts
its a reality TV show but it's really good - The Contender on ITV 4 on Monday's.

all about amatuer boxers trying to win a professional contract. If you want to see real boxing watch it!!

24 rocks!! have you heard that they are going to make a film??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts