Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Leon Cupra R Beast
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My locking wheelnuts are begining to chew themselves up

Freebies with my alloys, served me 18 months so looking to replace them before they catch me out

Looking for some good hardwearing ones

Sizes, Links and Prices all appreciated if you have them,

Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
I wouldnt go for mcguard to be honest the keys snap pretty easily then it takes a while to get a new one shipped out[Y]

·
TEAM 88 MOTORSPORT
8,901 Posts
Steer clear of the McGuards, have a search through the forum there are loads of people that have had problems with them breaking
Mine have been on for 5 years...I take them off and on all the time to clean behind the alloys. Never had a problem, Are these people tightening them like a gorilla?[:^)] They've won many tests for been hard to remove. Maybe i should order a spare key[:cool:]

·
Registered
380 Posts
mcgards are fine providing they aren't overtightened as both the key and nut break very easily.

I would stay well clear of the ultras as they are much harder to get off if the key or nut becomes damaged.

always keep a spare key, register them with mcgard and keep a note of the coded key.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The 8.95 ones use a 60deg tapered shoulder - if you are planning to use them for genuine alloys, they aren't the right ones as genuine bolts are radius, not taper. Just bringing it to everyones attention - I'm not sure what damage could happen using the wrong type...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts