Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently installed a double din in my car which has rear view camera input.

obviously my first choice of camera would be the OEM behind the rear badge versionbut at like 400 quid its a no no at the moment so ive been looking at aftermarket options on fleabay.like these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-Reversing-Rear-View-Infrared-IR-Night-Vision-Camera_W0QQitemZ150540357283QQcategoryZ75330QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6252320784812694693

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/135-170-deg-Angle-Car-Rear-View-Reversing-Backup-Camera-/180601528348?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a0cb0a01c

anyone had any experience of them? or any others?

advice comments please guys and gals

p.s dont want it to be too big/visable and look too tacky

·
Registered
449 Posts
ive got the second one listed! round camera fitted to mine! and does me just fine! mines mounted in back window! depends where your going to mount camera your propbably best to get the square looking one and mount that,if u dont want to do no drilling of body parts! the other one u will have to drill back bumper

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the back bumper is being removed repaired resprayed and replaced so not to worried bout drilling.

is it colour? does it work ok at night?

·
Registered
250 Posts
you are doing the same as me.... i picked up a really good one off ebay. just got to fit it with the reverse sensors... all jobs for this week i hope. i can get you a pic of it , it replaces the number plate light.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you are doing the same as me.... i picked up a really good one off ebay. just got to fit it with the reverse sensors... all jobs for this week i hope. i can get you a pic of it , it replaces the number plate light.
pics pics pics!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts