Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

for the 2011 show season I want to have my paintwork restored to as near new condition as can be achieved.

The car is covered in minor scratches, swirls etc, but no dents or rust. Is it possible that someone is able to go to town on it, polish it etc, take the scratches and swirls out and leave it looking nice?! I dont really want a respray, i cant really afford it, but after 240k miles, the paintwork is looking decidedly dodgy!

so basically, do you know anywhere that will do it, and the approximate price? Thanks! (Happy new year as well!)

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
Depends on how much you want to spend. Any idea on budget? A proper detailer can bring most cars back to look like new with paint correction. Thats going to cost a few hundred. You could buy all the kit and get good results for around ?100-150. Or for a limited budget buy polish with fillers to mask the swirls.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks for the link, Chuff.

Feel free to drop me a PM if interested. Also worth noting, that, until the end of Feb (28th), I'm offering all Correctional Details with a free of charge Engine Bay session...

Keep in touch with the latest HERE.

Cheers! [:)]

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks for the link, Chuff.

Feel free to drop me a PM if interested. Also worth noting, that, until the end of Feb (28th), I'm offering all Correctional Details with a free of charge Engine Bay session...

Keep in touch with the latest HERE.

Cheers!
dude no probs ,ive admired your work for ages. pm me a quote dude id love to have it done, when depends on how much

·
Registered
50 Posts
gtechnig p1!!! found out about it on detailing world they have video clip on you tube check it out, very intresting.
. i have some not used it yet though.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Cheers Chuff. PM on it's way

GT P1, interested to hear your thoughts about this one Jamie. Heard good things about it!

·
Registered
171 Posts
gtechnig p1!!! found out about it on detailing world they have video clip on you tube check it out, very intresting.
. i have some not used it yet though.
Cheers Chuff. PM on it's way

GT P1, interested to hear your thoughts about this one Jamie. Heard good things about it!
Totally agree - I've just invested in the whole GTechniq system for my Candy White Mk6.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Basically what your after is a paint correction. If you had a DA orbital polisher and some megs #105 and #205, you would be amazed at the difference it could make..ive got a rotary and some of the menzerna polishes and compounds and they are very very good too..just waiting for summer to try them out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts