Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to ditch my Apple 'Mighty Mouse' after too long spent trying to get the mini scroll ball thingy to work (gets clogged with dirt but you can't get into it to clean it).

So, I need a new optical mouse with scroll wheel - any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Anything logitech, you can't go wrong!

Never understood why people spend loads of money on a mouse personally, so I'd say around ?20 should get you something decent.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
logitech all the way!

whats your budget, i can recommend my mouse (G7) but its ?55
Don't want to spend more than ?30 ideally. I spent over ?30 on the apple mouse and it was rubbish!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Cordless rodents and keyboards are evil, nuff said! I'll strangle the next user to call up and complain that his or her mouse doesn't work and can't follow instructions to press the reset/reconnect button! Then I'll smack the keyboard over their head until all the keys drop off!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Never had a cordless but thinking about it, don't really need one! I'm just a sucker for gadgets. Will hold back my impulse buying urges and look at corded!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Logitech! had a cordless keyboard and mouse and never had any problem with it... picks up from 3-4 meters away easily and the batterys last months!

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Basic MS Wireless Optical was about ?20 when I bought it, and it's still on the original batteries (my PC sees a lot of (ab)use so that's a good life).

Two buttons, a wheel/third button, no gunged up ball and no wires.

Ergonomic enough for me - works a treat - and it's cheap [:)]

C

·
Registered
6,881 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
separate adaptor unfortunately.

I have the cordless keyboard and mouse combo at work (MX3000) and it's great, loads of handy shortcuts on the keyboard including scroll and zoom etc

1 - 20 of 38 Posts