Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not using my phone as its too expensive!!

I'm on Orange off peak 1000, to Orange and landlines. Its 20 Quid. I've looked online and O2 do a 1000 X network mins also for 20 Quid!!

I was thinking of asking Orange to price\plan match it for me. Is there any hidden catch when getting Orange to plan\price match? I'm not on Orange care anymore.

I like the look of the Sony cybershot phone K800i. Anyone got a K800i, comments on it please? I don't want any walkman functionality so this seems the best phone for me. Anyone recommend a better phone (for my 20 Quid tarrif?).

cheers guys!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have a 6280 and the mrs has a d900 they are pretty good phones and the camera quality is good on both. the d900 being a 3mp which is brilliant. Both good phones, im on three network. which is absolutly terrible. alot better than before though, network reception is better now and i rarely have a problem. but the customer service is like talking to an alien who has migrated to afganistan.

·
Registered
527 Posts
K800i is a very good phone. well used as a part time camera it is. i never got a memory card with mine new but they might have other offers on. its about 35ish last time i hecked for a gud sized one. you got to remember its abit bigger than the w810i for instance. i have both and the size difference is quite noticeable. for 35 quid a month o2 do 1000x net min any time and 100 txts? if you do get any call charges during the day this plan might suit more?

I've never been with orange but cant help you on that matter mate.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
yeah im due an upgrade and was thinking of the k800i, cameras supposed to be very impressive i prefer a good camera to the walkman feature

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
T Mobile do there Flext plan. For ?15 you get ?34's worth of credit and a good choice of phones (k800i include for a small fee) I find customer service pretty good too.[Y]

Had a play with the K800i recently and seem to be a nice phone with some good features. I think i will upgrade to one of these when i can.

GOOF

·
Registered
337 Posts
T Mobile do there Flext plan. For ?15 you get ?34's worth of credit and a good choice of phones (k800i include for a small fee) I find customer service pretty good too.[Y]

Had a play with the K800i recently and seem to be a nice phone with some good features. I think i will upgrade to one of these when i can.

GOOF
Ive got 2 phones on a flext tarrif (one on 35 and the other on 25 I think) and would recommend it to anyone. When I signed up they were offering 25% off for life, not sure if they still do though, might be worth taking a look. I have found customer service is spot on too.

Chris

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

GOOF
Ive got 2 phones on a flext tarrif (one on 35 and the other on 25 I think) and would recommend it to anyone. When I signed up they were offering 25% off for life, not sure if they still do though, might be worth taking a look. I have found customer service is spot on too.

Chris
The 25% off for life offer is still on if you by direct online plus,with the 25 quid and above tarrifs you get three months free internet user as well!!

P.S Never had any problems with reception either.

GOOF

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the input guys!

I think I'm set on the tarrif (the o2 one) I used to be on T-Mobile but for me they were poor. Besides Orange will match any tarrif to keep me.

As for the phone looks like the K800i is good. I've got a Nokia 6230 at the moment. I like that its very easy to use. I would like a Nokia (N80 or N series) but I've heard a lot about the new ones being poor quality (sliding mechanisms).

Anyone got any experience of the Nokia N series???

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi guys... never say never! Changed my price plan again. Orange will give me their price match for T-Mobile Felx 35 (Orange Flex-35), the plan is the same 900 mins (anytime any network) OR 1800 texts.

But they are will do it for 25Quid...sounds good to me, what do u think?

·
Registered
111 Posts
three are offering very good deals just now, i just got a k800i phone & it is ace..... previously had 2 sony erricson phones & find them alot better than the nokia ones.

i'm on a 18 month deal, 10 months half price & 8 months at ?25 per month (750 texts, 150 mins, 25 mins video & 25 pic messages)

if you put me or anyone else down as reccomending you if you sign up both me & you will get ?30 credit onto our phone.

don't know why that man said you can;t get more than 3 songs on cause i have about 38mb left on the phone, yes a memory card would be nice buty the phone has plenty of space as standard.

also got bluetooth headphones thrown into the deal as well

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
three are offering very good deals just now, i just got a k800i phone & it is ace..... previously had 2 sony erricson phones & find them alot better than the nokia ones.

i'm on a 18 month deal, 10 months half price & 8 months at ?25 per month (750 texts, 150 mins, 25 mins video & 25 pic messages)

if you put me or anyone else down as reccomending you if you sign up both me & you will get ?30 credit onto our phone.

don't know why that man said you can;t get more than 3 songs on cause i have about 38mb left on the phone, yes a memory card would be nice buty the phone has plenty of space as standard.

also got bluetooth headphones thrown into the deal as well
Thanks for the heads up but I've not found a 3 tarrif I like. The flext by T mobile seems really good. Oh called Orange back and they made a mistake.. they can't do Flecx 35 for 25 after all!!!

Looks like I'll be going back to T-Mobile!! Prob go for FlextT 20 or 25 - it makes so much sense!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
threaten to leave your provider and that normally works as i did lol

Im with 02 and this is my 3rd year, i managed to get 500 anytime min and 500 txts a month for ?20. mind you i had to pay ?30 for the Nokia 6280, good phone but the dictionary doesn't seem to like remembering words which is a pain.

I sopose what im trying to say is stick to your guns and you usually get a decent deal!

good luck

Noel

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
threaten to leave your provider and that normally works as i did lol

Im with 02 and this is my 3rd year, i managed to get 500 anytime min and 500 txts a month for ?20. mind you i had to pay ?30 for the Nokia 6280, good phone but the dictionary doesn't seem to like remembering words which is a pain.

I sopose what im trying to say is stick to your guns and you usually get a decent deal!

good luck

Noel
Thanks for the advice Noel, I tried that and thier best wasn't very good.

It's also that I'm quite a low user and don't spend much money over and above my tarrif with them. They only match T mobile from FletxT 30 upwards. I only need FlexT 25. Plus for the phone they wanted ?79, T mobile (on-line) only wanted ?19

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys!! ordered on line a k800i and T mobile Felx 25 (for ?20, TM shops are also doing this till end of Dec). Thanks to those who suggested TFlex, makes so much sense!

I have one question left!! When I've bought mobiles before the guys in the shops always say, charge it for 16 hours to 'condition' the battery. Now perhaps that was true of Ni-Cads but most phones are Lith-Ions. So do I charge it 16 hours to 'condition' the battery or the recommended charge in the manual (usually 4 or something smaller)???

·
Registered
194 Posts
k800i im on flext 35.00 its all good i pay ?30.00 per month and get ?180.00 credit

20p a min any time any network etc

10p a text

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Glad we could help!![:D]

I chrged mine(V3i) till it would'nt charge no more and it's been fine for me so far...fingers crossed. lol.

GOOF

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got my phone. Very happy with it. The only thing I don't like is the manual doesn't seem to cover things in detail (ie icons etc) but I've owned an older one so I can figure it out. It connected by default with 3G, is there any advantage (ie batterry life) to connecting it as GSM?? My last phone wasn't 3G.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.