Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which gauge did you get Cameron? -30 to 25psi? With blue l.e.d or perfect match? How does it match up to the dials? Did you get the power regulator etc too?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Yup I got the -30 to 25 psi one. I got one of their super bright
blue LED's which is fantastic. Got it, including pillar pod from
www.autosystems.ie/, I highly recomend them as the
service was excellent and the guy that runs the place is a proper vw
enthusiast. I didn't need the power regulator with the led.
It matches pretty well to the dials, if your in Aberdeen any time soon
I can let you see if you want to check first.

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Am using a Stewart Warner boost gauge and think its spot on, info here:

www.42draftdesigns.com/sw.htm
Hi Mate, do you have a night shot of your gauge and pod, so i can see if the lighting matches the golf dashes blue colour?, also why have a gauge that shows from -30 to 25?, i thought that boost would always be positive .I see that stewart warner do a boost gauge which goes from 0 to 4 bar would that be allright to use?.

Zak

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Zak

do you anymore info about the gauge on ebay, what make is it, etc.

I'm using an aitometer utra-lite gauge. I want something to give an OEM look.

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Hi Ray, the guy selling the gauge will not give me any info on the gauge, but on first impresswions it does look very oem, but then again the pictures whaich have been posted by annigti which show the stewart warner gauges look very oem as well, ive heard very good things about the stweart warner gauges, so will try to get a boost gauge and an oil temp gauge.

Zak

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Zak where are you planing to mount the gauges.

Stewart Warner gauges do look good. I mostly like will buy one of
those. My Auto meter one hasn't give me any trouble at all.
Doesn't flicker like the cheaper boost gauges.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have the VDO gauges from 42draftdesigns with blue wide angle LEDs from ultraleds and they are brilliant. No rattles, perfect reliability, even illumination in the exact colour as a Mkiv dash and the needle still illuminates too.

They are cheaper than the ones posted above and light up better too!

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Zak where are you planing to mount the gauges.

Stewart Warner gauges do look good. I mostly like will buy one of those. My Auto meter one hasn't give me any trouble at all. Doesn't flicker like the cheaper boost gauges.
Hi Ray, i,m going to fit the gauges in to the a pillar trim, i,m looking at making my own custom housing to hold the boost gauge and the oil temp gauge, shouldnt be too hard, bit of fibre glass and mdf, and any other bits i can find.

Zak

·
Registered
15 Posts
annigti,

Did you buy yours direct from 42 draft designs? Did they send them straight to you if so what did it cost in shipping? Dollar price looks damn good

·
Registered
800 Posts
annigti,

Did you buy yours direct from 42 draft designs? Did they send them straight to you if so what did it cost in shipping? Dollar price looks damn good
I got them all for $220 USD, that was for the triple gauge panel the three gauges and the pipe for the boost gauge and the temperature probe.

I got them when the pound was ?1 = $1.89 so it worked out cheaper. Got a discount on the postage so expect to pay around $30-40. Peanuts really.

This is one I have for sale on eBay as it was surplus to requirements!

Posted Image

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Just to update this I think i'm going to go for an Omori perfect match gauge.
Hi Mate, do you have any piccies of the Omori gauge, or a web address please?

thanks

Zak

·
Registered
173 Posts
annigti,

I got them all for $220 USD, that was for the triple gauge panel the three gauges and the pipe for the boost gauge and the temperature probe.

I got them when the pound was ?1 = $1.89 so it worked out cheaper. Got a discount on the postage so expect to pay around $30-40. Peanuts really.

This is one I have for sale on eBay as it was surplus to requirements!

Posted Image
Were did you order them from ?

when i contacted 42DD direct they told me to purchase via Autosystems ?

thanks

1 - 20 of 30 Posts