Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys... not been on here for a while!

Right, my Canon MP610 printer is just clicking and not picking up paper from its tray. I guess its broken. Can anyone recommend me a low/mid level printer scanner. I like my Canon feels well built but surprised how with casual use its only lasted about 2 years.

So, what do I go for Epsom (remember someone on here saying they were bad!) Canon or HP?

I would like, Indiviual tanks, cheap-ish ink, a proper paper try and < £80 (wi-fi not essential, but nice to have). I run Win 7 x64 and Ubuntu 1.0.10

Cheers guys!

·
Registered
152 Posts
There is currently a printer normally valued at £80 in tesco's going to for £30. Its part of the Epson Dx range but the newer version I believe. I havent had to close a look as I was buying other things at the time and not looking for things for myself but I made a mental note.

·
I ate a big red candle &#33;&#33;
10,384 Posts
I bought an Epson stylus all in one printer from Tesco for about £60 which i have connected to my broadband so its sat in the corner of my living room out of the way and i can print from anywhere in my flat. Only thing with Epson is that ink is quite expensive, i think £30 for the colour pack then or £9 each buying them individually but it is a really good quality printer/scanner/photcopier.

·
Registered
7,324 Posts
I have bought an Epsom SX415, Its a printer,scanner,copier, Has SD card slot in it to up load pics directly from memory cards, Has a little lcd screen to allow you to see what your printing.

I paid £49.99 (I think) From Argos a couple of minths ago, As for ink its not deer, You can get "Chipped" Cartidges easilly from Ebay or your local computer market.

My ink I normally get 12 cartridges for £10

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Which ever one you find, check the price of the inks. As some times its cheaper to buy another printer than the inks.
I ended up selling my HP with its tri colour as I calculated per ml it was 3 times more expensive than my (now broken!) 5 tank Canon which I replaced it with.

Temped to stick with Cannon as they are reasonable for ink price(despite mine breaking after only average use). Had a go at taking it apart can't make head nor tail of why it wont load paper.... I bet its a 5p micro switch.

Seems like Epsom are expensive and I don't like the way HP don't list how many ml its cartridges have so I can't compare against Cannon cartridges ml/£.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The new Kodak 5250 is £80 with wifi and the ink are two tanks, cost of £18 to replace both from most stores, tesco, argos, comet, pcworld. online probably £16 for both carts. Colour one is £10 and the black is between 6-8 pounds.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I used to be a rep for hp, the amazon link you posted is a good buy at that price.

Cannon printers are also very good, especially if you want to print onto card (needs to be a top loading printer), which lots of printers struggle with.

Kodaks seem to be good value but don't have individual inks and from what I've seen the photo quality is poorer than rivals.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
127 Posts
sorry, its an advent, aw10

just checked on currys/pcw website
Ordered on of these from Currys website on the 27/12 after reading this thread. Came today by Mr DHL.

I cant believe it was only 29 pound (including delivery). Total bargain. Looks rather nice and has memory slots and a nice little colour screen. Tempted to buy another one and stick it in the cupboard just in case.

It also came with 3 free kodak ultimate photo paper which I have just printed a picture on. Amazing quality to say the least.

I certainly dont need anything better than this.

Timo.

·
Premium Member
9,133 Posts
The new Kodak 5250 is £80 with wifi and the ink are two tanks, cost of £18 to replace both from most stores, tesco, argos, comet, pcworld. online probably £16 for both carts. Colour one is £10 and the black is between 6-8 pounds.
I have one of these.

Great prints, cheap to run, wireless is useful.

We bought ours to replace our old Epson Style Colour printer which was eating ink like it was going out of fashion. I'd definately recommend them!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts