Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for some new wheels. got 17" team dynamics on atm and altho they're wide (8.5JJ), i dont really like them as much as i should, despite them having quite good grip (with toyo proxes on) and being very light.

so im looking for new wheels, looking for 18", light, NOT common, nothing chrome or jap style...and they must be under £800 without tyres new or used (good condition)

the wheels i have my heart set on atm are £900 new, i have never seen them second hand, would need to spend £200 on adaptors and then another £350 on a set of tyres. love them but they cost too much. wouldnt need adaptors and they would be cheaper if i went for the 17" ones, but i cant see me liking them as much as the 18".

can anyone show me any wheels that i might like?

heres the wheels i have atm, feel free to PS it with wheels u think i might like.

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Tim Sr
13,503 Posts
I follow your thread as its nice to see someone trying hard with a V5!

Given the rest of the car, i really think OEM is the way to go, i think something from Audi, or possibly some SantaMonicas would be a good option,

Unless you wanna be hardcore, and get some W8 passat wheels and some adaptors!

Or you kill someone, sell their kidney, and buy some VW Long Beach.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I follow your thread as its nice to see someone trying hard with a V5!

Given the rest of the car, i really think OEM is the way to go, i think something from Audi, or possibly some SantaMonicas would be a good option,

Unless you wanna be hardcore, and get some W8 passat wheels and some adaptors!

Or you kill someone, sell their kidney, and buy some VW Long Beach.
haha thanks, im tring but not realy getting anywere, if i get 220bhp from a N/A V5 i'll be happy.

hmm, the passat wheels are nice! might be worth looking into.

can only find 17" santamonicas on the bay though, do they make 18" of them?

in the past ive stuck to OEM+ wheels, i had mondeo st220 alloys on my mk2 focus, along with a lot of other oem mods, looked great. the wheels i described above would be one of my only ventures away from oem. but not sure i can justify the cost.

·
Registered
512 Posts
OEM is the way forwards, better probably for insurance purposes as wont make the insurance rise too much unlike aftermarket companies, also better quality and are designed to suit the car, i.e. like some GTi BBS. If not VW alloys maybe some Audi alloys. Alot of people then either have them powdercoated or done in anthracite/black/polished finishes. Or what about a set of R32 wheels, similar to what you've got, multispokes really suit the golf or a set of dishy wheels.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
think it worked as a link to photobucket from my hotmail. looks pretty good!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
i think choosing your wheels is like choosing your girl friend. Its 100% personal choice. take your time and choose wisely thats all i can say. i have just ordered some TSW thruxtons for my bora, so your not aloud them! lol [Y]

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i think choosing your wheels is like choosing your girl friend. Its 100% personal choice. take your time and choose wisely thats all i can say. i have just ordered some TSW thruxtons for my bora, so your not aloud them! lol
choosing a girlfriend is a bit easier tho. when it comes to alloys ive got more to choose from. [:(]

the thruxtons look good, will have to see them on the car [Y]

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Buy mine.

Ignore the blue thing in the background.
ooh they look good. just did a search and found them on zaine1s black 5 door, gives me a good idea of how they would look, im not as low as him tho. might have to think about these, hope your not in a hurry to get rid though.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts