Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Here is a question...

Seeing as we've only just come/we're only just coming out of recession and the government are putting up the price of fuel and VAT etc, how long do you all think it'll be before we're put back into recession again?

Paul

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
do you really think we ever been out of the recession in the past few years.

The current government is a joke. Rip off Britian in my opinion. all these cuts and increase that effect the working man

VAT increase will have a massive impact on everything, did you notice the supermarket have been putting up the prices for the past few months before the VAT increaase and same with the fuel.

We all seem to sit back and let it happen.

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
I hate this country.

[hunter]

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
Paul i'm about there now lol

Went shopping this morning and already noticed how slightly more expensive everything is - bad times ahead me thinks

·
Chief Troll
15,990 Posts
And a very HAPPY new year to you too paul..... [lol-lol]

Ray... you mention sitting back and letting it happen, but in reality there is pretty much nothing that we can do. The lorries blocked up our roads a year or so ago in protest agains the petrol prices, and have they gone down? No

Its a sad state of affairs but we are all just going to have to bend over and take it.... sans lube!!

The government seems bent on making a fast buck, instead of ironing out underlying problems that cost us billions year on year.

The NYE fireworks in london cost £313,000.... waste of money, completely unnecessary spending!

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
And a very HAPPY new year to you too paul.....

Ray... you mention sitting back and letting it happen, but in reality there is pretty much nothing that we can do. The lorries blocked up our roads a year or so ago in protest agains the petrol prices, and have they gone down? No

Its a sad state of affairs but we are all just going to have to bend over and take it.... sans lube!!

The government seems bent on making a fast buck, instead of ironing out underlying problems that cost us billions year on year.
true, 2011 is going to be an interesting year.

Happy new year to all

·
Chief Troll
15,990 Posts

true, 2011 is going to be an expensive, butt bleeding year.

Happy new year to all
Ill just edit that one for you Ray!

·
Registered
4,566 Posts

The NYE fireworks in london cost £313,000.... waste of money, completely unnecessary spending!
They looked excessive even my Kid questioned how much they must of cost, as it went on for ages

·
Registered
4,566 Posts

They looked excessive even my Kid questioned how much they must of cost, as it went on for ages

·
Registered
4,381 Posts

true, 2011 is going to be an expensive, butt bleeding year.

Happy new year to all
Ill just edit that one for you Ray!
[lol-lol]

·
Registered
720 Posts
I agree with Ray, we've never come out of the recession. Do you see companies creating 100's of jobs? Or starting a new business? Hardly anyone can do it. I just don't get the rubbish that gets published in the papers about the recession. So fuel goes up 1p today and then god knows how much on Tuesday. It will be 1.50 per litre by June

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Tbh i think this country is a joke,the price of fuel now is extortionate and its set to get worse,the VAT increase is an absolute joke aswell.

Its fellas like us lot that get shafted at every turn while the fat cats at the top lap it up.

Cant remember exact figures but afew weeks ago i was watchin the news about the MDs of the banks complainin about havin to take a cut in theyre bonus'

They were still more then most of us on here would earn in 3/4 yrs! Its absolutly shit and the banks have had a big hand in the shape of the country over recent months.

Im an engineer by trade,done it since i left school and if someone came up to me tom and said heres a job and afew quid to get you started some abroad id be off like a shot n never look back.

This country is fecked! [:(]

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
do you really think we ever been out of the recession in the past few years.

The current government is a joke. Rip off Britian in my opinion. all these cuts and increase that effect the working man

VAT increase will have a massive impact on everything, did you notice the supermarket have been putting up the prices for the past few months before the VAT increaase and same with the fuel.

We all seem to sit back and let it happen.
Ray, how do you think we feel up in Scotland. We are getting governed by a government we never even voted in! [:(]

This current coalition are going to bring this country to it's knees!

·
Registered
488 Posts
im going to run mine on red diesel this year, "bill hooks" to it,

I can not afford to run a vehicle any more and survive and i've got 2 jobs, unfortunately both of which i need transport for

·
Registered
942 Posts
At least you don't have to pay for your prescriptions in Scotland, and your students can still go to University [:p]

Recession is going to get worse when the public sector job cuts kick in, and I fear it will hurt.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
At work we have been increasing prices in all departments for the last 2 months.. in preparation for the VAT+ to decrease the workload around that time...

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
£1.29 i paid for V power fuel last time, im sure it was £1.27 the previous time before that. Or is the premium fuel price dictated by shell themselves?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts