Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Was looking for decent jeans before I had any money!!)

Need some decent Jeans. Something that you can recognise as decent really. Don't worry about prices at the moment, but I won't be spending a fortune, just want to know what people think are decent brands without the prices. Are Evisu any good? What my sister reccomended and I havent a clue how much they cost, but know she likes expensive stuff for the badge.

Wouldnt mind a couple of pairs really.

Cheers me dears

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Kurt Muller or Diesel... dieselt aint cheap but they last forever. I usually find the model and size I want ... make a note of them and then get for 1/4 of the price on ebay

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
why bother ? Why not just buy what fits you best ? I own everything from TopMan jeans to CK, Ralph Lauren, Ted Baker etc etc and I must say that the TopMan jeans for 20 quid are most comfortable and fit best ...

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Aye, some of my best and most comfortable clothes have been the bargain basement jobbies [:)][Y]

(That's my excuse for not being trendy enough...)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Need some decent Jeans. Something that you can recognise as decent really. Don't worry about prices at the moment, Are Evisu any good? What my sister reccomended and I havent a clue how much they cost, but know she likes expensive stuff for the badge.
Your sister has excellent taste...... that's the only brand of jeans I wear.... defo easy to recognise as decent?

Cost wise... between £150 to £300+

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
why bother ? Why not just buy what fits you best ? I own everything from TopMan jeans to CK, Ralph Lauren, Ted Baker etc etc and I must say that the TopMan jeans for 20 quid are most comfortable and fit best ...
Hye, I only said reccomend some! And your reccomendation was top shop!

Like Andy said, I always do the Ebay thing. Been caught out on some Armani fake jeans, but bought about 20 items of clothing off there, the rest have been ok. Usually end of line things, i.e. autumn./winter stuff and its summer.

The best fitting jeans I have are Levi 501's. The most comfortable are some Joe Browns jeans with holes a plenty in them!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Are Evisu any good? What my sister reccomended and I havent a clue how much they cost, but know she likes expensive stuff for the badge.
£120 and upwards for Evisu - all for the emblem on the rear pocket, just give the nearest child a felt tip pen and you'll soon have a good copy!!
My last pair of jeans were made by Firetrap, really comfortable and look good. Cost around £70 IIRC.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Need some decent Jeans. Something that you can recognise as decent really. Don't worry about prices at the moment, Are Evisu any good? What my sister reccomended and I havent a clue how much they cost, but know she likes expensive stuff for the badge.
Your sister has excellent taste...... that's the only brand of jeans I wear.... defo easy to recognise as decent?

Excuse me? 1....1...1...150?

What are they made out of?!?!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Are Evisu any good? What my sister reccomended and I havent a clue how much they cost, but know she likes expensive stuff for the badge.
£120 and upwards for Evisu - all for the emblem on the rear pocket,.
The quality of them is excellent....it's all in the detail.

I have collected them over the years and I have a few pairs over 5 years old that still look brand new... defo worth the money

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

Excuse me? 1....1...1...150?

What are they made out of?!?!
£150 are the cheaper end of the range... the good ones are normally no less than £225

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts

Like Andy said, I always do the Ebay thing. Been caught out on some Armani fake jeans, but bought about 20 items of clothing off there, the rest have been ok. Usually end of line things, i.e. autumn./winter stuff and its summer.

The best fitting jeans I have are Levi 501's. The most comfortable are some Joe Browns jeans with holes a plenty in them!
Top Shop is the girl's bit but, hey, whatever floats your boat - I'm not gonna critcise you[;)] 501's don't have enough..err...errm....lunchbox room IMO

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Found these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LATEST-Evisu-Jeans-genes-BNWT-W36-L34-Very-Rare_W0QQitemZ300039584429QQihZ020QQcategoryZ52796QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300039584429

Buy it now only £50 (I say only, but considering what you said....)

They look quite wide! Look at the size of those legs!

And look at these....would need a large arse surely?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MENS-EVISU-JEANS-RARE-LTD-EDITION_W0QQitemZ130037701839QQihZ003QQcategoryZ52796QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130037701839

Am I missing something? Like the logo bit though.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Top Shop is the girl's bit but, hey, whatever floats your boat - I'm not gonna critcise you[;)] 501's don't have enough..err...errm....lunchbox room IMO
It is a bit tight, I sometimes notice the blood circulation being cut off while driving, but hey ho. You can tell your putting Levi's on anyway, hold you in well! But, look much better, IMO to a baggy set. They aint skin tight, but not baggy either. You either pop yer bunch to the left or right [:^)] One either side is a little uncomfortable, but does happen!

Think the evisu 'crotch down around ankles' look is out for me. I DO like the logo though, anything else like that?!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Kev you're right about the details, it's like leather products... I got a £10 leather case for my mobile phone last week and it's a bit rough around the edges, in fact the first one lasted 3 hours before one side split open and started flapping in the wind (then the replacement had a crumpled looking cover, which I manually straightened and creased where it should be creased!), whereas the £45 Gant wallet I bought last week as well is superbly crafted, very precise cuts and seams, almost a shame to have to use it. The question is will it last 65 years compared to the £9 nearly-as-well-made wallet I bought in Hong Kong back in 1993 [:D]

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
i couldn't spend £225 on a pair of jeans - thats like 10 pairs of jeans to me !! Even if I only wore a pir for 6 months, thats still 5 years worth ( jeees, how tight do I sound )

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Found these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LATEST-Evisu-Jeans-genes-BNWT-W36-L34-Very-Rare_W0QQitemZ300039584429QQihZ020QQcategoryZ52796QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300039584429

Buy it now only £50 (I say only, but considering what you said....)

They look quite wide! Look at the size of those legs!

And look at these....would need a large arse surely?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MENS-EVISU-JEANS-RARE-LTD-EDITION_W0QQitemZ130037701839QQihZ003QQcategoryZ52796QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130037701839

Am I missing something? Like the logo bit though.
Don't get the first pair... they will be too big as they are the skater type.

I have the same pair as the second link... waist always comes up big... so you should think about buying a size down... also Evisu are designed to have turn ups. If you don't like turn ups then you can have them taken up, but you will need to get a pro to do it, if you want to maintain the quality look due to the yellow/orange double stich that is normally associated with the brand.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Last two pairs i have bought have been Diesel off Ebay,for what i paid for them they surely must be fakes but they are good enough that i can't tell so i'm not bothered.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts