Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering how easy is it to fit recaros out of a gti into a 1.4 mk4 golf, is it just a case of bolting the new ones in place of the old seats?

where is the best place to buy recaros? breakers?

thanks

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
are the electrical connectors under the seat the same as well?, or did they change them during 2001?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by hz2921 on 31/01/2005 18:54:42

are the electrical connectors under the seat the same as well?, or did they change them during 2001?

Very correct Zak... im having to sort that too [V] I have the part numbers required now if anyone needs them tho.

aside from that getting the seats in and out is easy.[:D]

·
Registered
557 Posts
seat experts, are there any spacers under the seats to leavel them up? Both of my front seats titl towards the doors. I know its a lazy question! I just wanted to know prior to taking them out and watching the seat frame disintegrate in front on me!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by blazedoobie on 01/02/2005 13:38:53

seat experts, are there any spacers under the seats to leavel them up? Both of my front seats titl towards the doors. I know its a lazy question! I just wanted to know prior to taking them out and watching the seat frame disintegrate in front on me!

Thanks

Not that I know of fella, that sounds a bit dodgy to me!!![V]

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Quote: posted by blazedoobie on 01/02/2005 13:38:53

Thanks

LOL, i thought that when i put my sport leathers on the floor, but thats the way they are!!!, when you fit the seats in youll notice that they are level, one runner on the sill side is slightly higher up compared to the runner in the transmission tunnel.

zak

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks, now time to start the hunt, there doesnt seem to be many breakers in ireland wit crashed golfs that have a tasty set of recaros in them!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by golf16v on 02/02/2005 19:22:36

thanks, now time to start the hunt, there doesnt seem to be many breakers in ireland wit crashed golfs that have a tasty set of recaros in them!

took me months and pure luck finding mine... [V]

·
Registered
161 Posts
Keep checking on Ebay I got a mint set 3 door (even harder to get than 5 door) for ?330 not a bad price I thought considering some breakers want ?400 for shabby ones.

Good luck mate

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I would suggest waiting till the show season as I'm kicking myself now as I saw recaro seats at GTi International last year for ?250 and stupidly even though I had the cash I didn't buy some ! I ended up shelling out a fair bit more for the set on ebay the other day, all beit they were mint and had the rear armrest.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just bought some last week, ?400.00 and the guy fitted them as well, need a good clean but they are mint.

If interested email me and i can give you the guys number as he breaks Golfs and is based in Chelmsford, i am not connected to this company but would reccommend them.

You could always by my spare set of electric Recaros?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts