Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When fitting my cloth recaro,s in to my late model golf 4 , i noticed that the airbag connectors were different, would any one know what colour wires go to which connectors on the recaro seat connector, the late connector and the recaro connector both have three wires each, and i have bought the connectors from the dealer to make new adaptors, but obviously dont want to wire them up wrong, and the dealer was unhelpful, please if you can help ,if youve done this conversion.[;)]

Thanks[:D]

Zak

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have done it..<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

If you look at the original wiring on the seats, there?s a Black, Blue and brown wires. Look which colour went where before.<o:p></o:p>

I if remember the older connector has four pins...new one only three...<o:p></o:p>

Assuming the wire colours on the seats didn't change in 2001 (like the airbag plug n sockets) its straight forward.<o:p></o:p>

I bought the new connectors, chopped off the old ones soldered the wires on (cos they come pre crimped.)<o:p></o:p>

Firstly you have to get a small screwdriver and pop up the purple retaining thing.<o:p></o:p>

Then from the top of the new socket, with the hinge at the back, so it opens up towards you (purple thing underneath) pop the wires in left to right.<o:p></o:p>

Black / Blue / Brown<o:p></o:p>

I'll post pics later as I still got one side to do....<o:p></o:p>

O yes try not to turn ignition on at any stage when seats disconnected as brings up airbag fault.

Hope this helps....

·
BORA owner&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate, so my car should have the same colours in the wiring loom on the car end, ie black, brown and blue?, and i wire the black to the black , blue to the blue and brown to the brown?, please if you could post some close piccies that would be great!!, recaro,s here we come!!!!!, albeit in cloth[:S]

zak

·
Registered
202 Posts
Finished the other side tonight.. [:D]<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

The car loom colors are different for both the drivers and passengers sides...something like <o:p></o:p>

Green/White/Brown & Blue/White/Brown not ness in that order..

But the seat air bag connectors you need to wire up the colors are the same.<o:p></o:p>

I firstly disconnected the battery -neg terminal.<o:p></o:p>

Then removed the seat.<o:p></o:p>

Then the connector from the base of the new seat, by releasing the purple cable pin retainer and pressing the little barbed pins in and they just come out. Then just cut the pins of trying to leave as much cable to work with as possible..<o:p></o:p>

Then striped the ends of each cable back and tinned (solider) the ends, once cool slipped on some heat shrink sleeve.<o:p></o:p>

Posted Image
<o:p></o:p>

Please excuses the photos only had my phone camera and didn't relies its out of focus.. [:S]<o:p></o:p>

You can see the difference in the old socket on the left (4 pin (1 not used)) and new one on the right (3 Pin)<o:p></o:p>

Posted Image

Then prepped up the new pins that came with the new connector.<o:p></o:p>

Posted Image

Then solider them together<o:p></o:p>

Posted Image

and once all three are done, pulled over the sleeve and gave it a little heat with a hot air gun.<o:p></o:p>

Posted Image

then placed them into the connector as shown...<o:p></o:p>

Posted Image

Refitted seat, connected battery and held my breath .......heyhoe it all works... [:D]<o:p></o:p>

hope this helps.

O yes I will not be held responsible for any errors or airbags injures that occurs during install

[:#]

Just check on your old seats once unbolted not removed, i.e still connected.<o:p></o:p>

The colors of the wire on the seat and which wire colors they are on the car loom.

Brown - Brown etc

And refit the same, Thats all I did..

·
BORA owner&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Chaddy , you wouldnt have the part number for the repair wire to go into the new 3 pin connector would you?, ive bought the wrong wires!!!!![:S]

Zak

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
yep. Part Numbers for the wire for the connector 000 979 132A
Thats the part number I give ya Zak!!! LOL

Excellent run through tho. Zak, can ya send me them pics of my old seat connectors, and i'll get on it asap. cheers.[:D]

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was gonna say i did it in the end...with technical help and 3000+ emails from Homer and Eddy ...i was away on biz or i would have told u the same.....enjoy ....

Budge

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I was gonna say i did it in the end...with technical help and 3000+ emails from Homer and Eddy ...i was away on biz or i would have told u the same.....enjoy ....

Budge
budgie you changed nics!!!! Darthdiesel indeed!!! didnt you like budgie?[:O]

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thread revival!!!

I bought some Golf GT Tdi sport seats today for my Octavia 4x4. They should be quite an improvement when fitted however they have had their airbag plugs removed. I'm fairly sure I need the new style connector to solder back on, agreed?

So i'll need two 6X0 972 783 plugs from the dealer correct?

What is the 000 979 132A bit for then?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Thread revival!!!

I bought some Golf GT Tdi sport seats today for my Octavia 4x4. They should be quite an improvement when fitted however they have had their airbag plugs removed. I'm fairly sure I need the new style connector to solder back on, agreed?

Thanks,

Dave
Dave you will need the real soultion for you is this.

Have a look under the car at the existing connector. (With the ignition turned off (and battery disconnected to be 100% sure!!) pull the connector out, and disconnect it. Have a look for the part number on each. All you need to do is copy the existing seat connector on YOUR seats. order two of them... don't mess with the loom on the car, just get 2x the corresponding existing connector. And ask the stealer for a repair wire kit for the new connectors.

Once this is done hust copy the wire pattern soldering the new connectors on... the colours although may be different are self explanatory as to what goes where really.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Thread revival!!!

Thanks,

Dave
Dave you will need the real soultion for you is this.

Have a look under the car at the existing connector. (With the ignition turned off (and battery disconnected to be 100% sure!!) pull the connector out, and disconnect it. Have a look for the part number on each. All you need to do is copy the existing seat connector on YOUR seats. order two of them... don't mess with the loom on the car, just get 2x the corresponding existing connector. And ask the stealer for a repair wire kit for the new connectors.

Once this is done hust copy the wire pattern soldering the new connectors on... the colours although may be different are self explanatory as to what goes where really.

evil

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thread revival!!!

Thanks,

Dave
The 000 979 132A bit is the wire part for the 'wireless' connector

·
Registered
46 Posts
The 000 979 132A bit is the wire part for the 'wireless' connector
So the connector is just a plastic 'holder' or 'outer', you need the wire part to get a bit of wire to solder onto and the pins to clip into the 'holder'?

Ta.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts