Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1.9 GTI TDI PD150
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Interior now finished and looking brand new. So happy. I love a nice interior, all the little details make a big difference. Managed to track down, vey hard to find by the way, OEM genuine interior door handles. Fitted on all three doors.
Digital display also seems to be fixed. I noticed when it was apart that some soldering a didn’t seem to good so redid them and also placed a bit of window draft proof sponge on top of the power cable ribbon and it’s flexible, this would stop it moving under vibrations. Not sure which was the fix. But the difference is noticeable. Also I have topped up the washer fluid ;)
Dvi cable Material property Household supply Electric blue Tool
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover
Car Automotive design Personal luxury car Automotive exterior Vehicle door
Car Product Automotive design Vehicle Grey
Passive circuit component Circuit component Green Hardware programmer Electronic component
Circuit component Passive circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic engineering Computer hardware
Passive circuit component Circuit component Light Green Hardware programmer
Plant Speedometer Odometer Vehicle Tachometer
Plant Speedometer White Tachometer Gauge

·
Registered
1.9 GTI TDI PD150
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Another productive day. Cars almost finished now. Todays work was not necessary by any means, but I feel better having done it. I replaced all that jumble of vacuum lines with nice new silicone ones. Replaced 4x glow plugs and fitted a new harness. That was definitely needed. 3x coolant glow plugs. And just for good measure rebuilt the tandem pump while I was there and replaced a new nasty looking fuel lines.
I also finished the front end refurbish by replacing the old wishbones with nice new ones including the ball joins.
Car is now fully polly bushed. Except the wishbones which are new anyway. New suspension/brakes and engine feels better than ever. No boost leaks or oil leaks from the boost pipes since fitting the hard pipe kit. Enjoy the pics.

·
Registered
1.9 GTI TDI PD150
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Cheers. Not much more to do. Need to clean egr/intake and for hummel catch can. Then it’s off to get paintwork sorted. And done :)

·
Registered
1.9 GTI TDI PD150
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Last little job in the engine bay was to check and clean intake. Actually was in very good condition. EGR was a little dirty. But minimal gunk. And intake looked so good I didn’t bother to take it off. I think regular oil changes throughout its life all documented and lots of motorway driving keeps it pretty clean. 160k at the moment.
Replaced old crusty egr o ring. And while I was there I checked the camshaft for wear as the are some that differ wear. Mine looks brand new. Hope engine does actually. No oil tarnish or anything. Again regular oil changes from the first year of its life.

car is feeling absolutely amazing. All the suspension work. It drives spot on. Engine runs fantastic.
Photograph Wheel Vehicle registration plate White Automotive lighting

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Gas Automotive air manifold

Gas Screw Engineering Auto part Fastener

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive exhaust Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1.9 GTI TDI PD150
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Finished painting my new front wings. Both where rusty. Got two oem ones with no rust. One silver one green. While I was painting redid the bonnet and bumper. Cut and polish after clear coat and look amazing. Buffed my light lenses clean to and fitted new bulbs. Including 60 lumens led position lights which look great. Also gotten OEM roof rack. Got bikes to carry ;)
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Sky

Food Automotive tire Font Technology Gas

Daytime Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Building

Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
1.9 GTI TDI PD150
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
How much did u pay for the used wings mate were they local to u ?
£15 one and £25 another, bought from two different breakers, it was hard to find ones with no rust, saw a few before I bought the ones I ended with, most had rust if not in the arches in the lower corners. wanted original just incase here where fitment issues. I bought some cheap aftermarket wings once for an older pick up of mine, not the best fit, but wasn't bothered on that car

21 - 32 of 32 Posts