Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after reading around, i realised that the rear wiper washer fault was common and was flooding the fudge outta my rear interior right under my nose!

So took everything apart, got it all connected securely. However, the actual nossle where the water comes out of at the rear seems to be blocked. Does i have to buy a whole new motor just to get this nozzle bit? Or is it possible to pick up this small piece of plastic new/S.H?

Thanks guys!

·
Jedi
1,452 Posts
Think you can just buy the jet on its own.

You can sometimes just blow them out with compressed air, if you do buy a new one, they arent very expensive.

Also, if you do replace the jet & it still doesnt work, then it could be leaking somewhere else too, either into the car & leaking from the pump/washer bottle.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Also possible to pop off from the rear left c pillar, or at least if you pop it off the pipe may have come off there too.

·
Registered
198 Posts
my wife has a mark v, rear washer didint work at all. took the cap and nut off, pulled out washer jet ( very small plastic peice) and tested the washer. shot water across drive, so i knew then was just the washer jet it self. Picked up a new one from VW for £7, 2mins to fit and now works like a dream.

I would imagin a mark IV would be roughly the same process to find fault.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my wife has a mark v, rear washer didint work at all. took the cap and nut off, pulled out washer jet ( very small plastic peice) and tested the washer. shot water across drive, so i knew then was just the washer jet it self. Picked up a new one from VW for £7, 2mins to fit and now works like a dream.

I would imagin a mark IV would be roughly the same process to find fault.
so it is possible to just buy the plastic piece, great! Did you get the whole plastic from front to back for £7?

Someone above mentioned that the jet is popping off from the back, that is happening also to some extent, but i assumed it was because the hole is blocked and the pressure is driving the water back down the shaft and popping it off!

·
Registered
198 Posts
It was on wife MK V, but yes i just got the nozzel bit, part number for the mk V one is

3B 9 955 985 A.

have no idea on mark IV sorry but its a start

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yea you can buy just the jet part.

It usually comes off at the back of the wiper motor & as you say, its just as the jet is blocked, so it pops the pipe off.
Hello...I have been all over these forums looking for information about my rear washer. After removing everything from the car, I find that indeed the brass tube is sheared. I have drilled that out and have a question for you, since you seem to be quite knowledgable. Can I purchase just the tube or do I really have to buy a $122 kit to find that part? I have seen a piece on eBay that looks like a plastic tube with the jet attached to it, but am not sure that is what I should be ordering. It notes it is for an MKIII, up to 1999. My car is a GTI, 1999, MKIV (I have been told). Any help you can share would be most appreciated. I realize I am writing several years from your last post, but hope you still visit this forum from time to time. Here is a link to the eBay listing I mentioned previously...www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rear-Window-Washer-Nozzle-Jet-For-VW-Golf-Mk3-Passat-B3-B4-1988-1999/192691720098?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3Dace0c2181f5c4fb8ade09dce7c043bd7%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D362225101156%26itm%3D192691720098&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A2f5f0324-1ccd-11e9-aeb6-74dbd18022c5%7Cparentrq%3A6c02598d1680a9c9afdcdfcdffeb333b%7Ciid%3A1

Have a great day!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts