Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, let me thank you in advance for your help.

I have a 1998 5 door GTI Golf.
It has electric windows all round and remote central locking.

The rear window issue...
The rear windows dont move whatsoever. From the drivers rear window button(the driver multikeypad in there door where they can put up/down all windows in the car) if you press up/down on the rear windows they dont move but you can hear a click of a relay near the rear door handles area-ish(inside) this noise is on both side depending on which one you try to move up/down. Any Ideas

Secondly, The locking issue..
When unlocking from the key into the drivers door it ONLY opens the drivers door. When unlocking from the remote button it can vary between open just the front 2 doors and opening all doors. The boot never has an issue but the rear doors some time dont open ALTHOUGH even when they dont open the pin still moves up and down, when this occurs regardless of wether the pin is up or down you cannot open it from inside or out when other times you can.

thank you for you help in advance it is much appreciated!

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
Maybe a broken wire in the rubber boot into that door or doors,more common on VW rear doors for some reason.

No matter what it is you'll have to take the doors apart to have a look and then to fix it,always a good way to diagnose bizarre problems by having a look with your own eyes.

Chris.

·
You ain't seen me, right?
3,778 Posts
re unlocking doors, the doors can be set one of two ways:-

1. All doors unlock from 1 click

2. drivers door only unlocks from 1 click ( mine is set this way) to get all doors to open requires second click.

re windows = have you tried the security window button in drivers panel? turns off rear windows eg for kids in back

1 - 3 of 3 Posts