Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a noise coming from the rear wheels on my y reg (2001) 2.8 v6 4motion. When i turn a tight corner at low (<10mph) on almost full lock there is a noise from the inside rear wheel. When i say inside i mean on a right hand turn its the rear right wheel, and vice versa. Its like its turning faster than it should to keep up with the outside wheel. Its been suggested that a Haldex oil and filter change may solve it. Anyone had similar problem? Its only on tight turns at low speed, no problems otherwise.

·
Registered
194 Posts
hi mate did you eva find out what was causing the issue i have a sharran v6 4mo withn the same issue.
1 -

Haldex oil and filter change,

Rear diff oil change,

Get car scanned with VCDS and see if any Haldex faults.

2 -

If after doing all the above with no faults after scan but problem remains: Poss whole new rear diff inc Haldex required - go to a VW breakers for this as costs ?K's new.

Only other thing you could try is cleaning your Haldex pump: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5282607-Something-new-CLEAN-your-Haldex-pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.