Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at pics, and on everybody elses car the washer jet is built into the wiper arm.

On my car, there is a bit sticking out to the left of the VW badge. Which looks horrible! Could anyone tell me if it would be possible to change it from there and build it into the wiper arm. I have just bought a mk 5 aero wiper which has the cap for the water jet.

Anybody done this?

It needs to be smoooooth! [:)]

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
So your washer jet comes out of the metal, instead of being one with the wiper coming out of the glass?

Got a pic?

Sounds like you got a mk3 golf to me. [:p]

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Posted Image

Its kind of hard to see what i mean in the picture, because i colour coded it.

If you look at the vw badge, its to the left of it, and abit higher up. Just under the window.

Thanks [Y]

·
NooNoo
9,450 Posts
That is totally bizarre. Not seen anything like it.

My car is a 1998 GTi and the washer is integrated.

Might be a custom fix for the widely accepted disasterous design!

[:)]

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
They did a good job of it! Looked standard to me! Im impressed with that [:p]

Guess im going to have to take it apart and have a look, i like the idea of the water following the wiper arm, but then again im still going to have to cover the hole and make it look tidy. I dont really fancy filling the hole and re-painting the boot.

·
NooNoo
9,450 Posts
They did a good job of it! Looked standard to me! Im impressed with that

Guess im going to have to take it apart and have a look, i like the idea of the water following the wiper arm, but then again im still going to have to cover the hole and make it look tidy. I dont really fancy filling the hole and re-painting the boot.
The jet shouldn't follow the wiper arm, it's a common misconception. The jet should remain vertical.

If anyones jet does follow the arm then you brass pipe that passes through the wiper collar has snapped and will be leaking.

This is the first tell-tale for the impending full blown leak leading to a faulty boot lock mechanism.

Don't you just love the mk4!

[:)]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts