Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

my rear washer jet is spinning with the wiper instead of staying still. Anyone else had this issue and fixed it.

just stripped it all down and couldn't see anything obvious.

[:cool:]

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's always just sprayed up the middle of the screen, and there's a cut out in the wiper arm nut cover to allow the jet to remain still, and the wiper move without loosing spray if that makes sense........

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
Hmmmm, I'm sure mine has always moved with the wiper arm......you've got me thinking now!!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Mine does the same and washer fluid runs back into the tailgate cover. The fault is the metal tube that runs up the middle of the motor has broken. There is a fix kit for this so you dont have to replace the whole motor.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine does the same and washer fluid runs back into the tailgate cover. The fault is the metal tube that runs up the middle of the motor has broken. There is a fix kit for this so you dont have to replace the whole motor.
So that's why my car stinks of washer fluid too......

Is this repair kit available from a stealer?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just to let u guys know i have used one of these repair kits and had to mod the metal tube to fit, and all the other bits in the box had no use. They looked like they was for a different model than mine.

Good Luck

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm going to have a looksee tomorrow afternoon before buying a kit...........unless you lot know that when it's bust, it's really bust.........

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
mine doesn't squirt, I haven't looked yet but do they clog up? and i'm assuming the washer bottle for the front supplies the back too is that right?

probably should have looked at the common probs page first!

i'll get me coat

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
mine doesn't squirt, I haven't looked yet but do they clog up? and i'm assuming the washer bottle for the front supplies the back too is that right?

probably should have looked at the common probs page first!

i'll get me coat
I'd guess that the hose has come off mate. Have a look in my FAQ post (link in sig) and there's a further link to a "how-to"

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
ARGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! Just looked at mine and it is definately spinning with the wiper arm. Must admit, it was making a noise a couple of weeks ago so I bet it's broken. Looks like my birthday weekend is going to be spent in the garage! Car is in for a service on Monday, might just ask their opinion to make sure, then get the repair kit ordered

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
are you sure some models don't spin with the wiper, mine does but possiby its broken. I took off the back and the tube is fine and attached and still pumping but the water can't get through any ideas or do i have to strip it down? mind not much point if it spins and isn't meant too.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Have found a very cheap solution to this problem. I took my boot liner out today to see if the hose had come away somewhere. It all looked fine inside so with the liner off pressed the lever inside the car and noticed water dripping down from inside the motor. Turned out the inner metal tube had for some reason sheerded in half at point A in the picture. Read through some threads here and wasnt prepared to pay ?25 for a new kit so went to the scrappy's to pick up one for a QUID! You dont need the entire motor just parts B and C which come away as one. C is obviously inserted into B and the cogs will also come attatched. Slip that into your old motor and voila, jobs a goodun for ?1. Happy days!!

http://www.i-create.biz/washer.gif

With regards to the water jet outlet moving, your right its not supposed to. Get inside the motor and check everything is in the correct possition. There is no way it should be able to move so lube it up plenty and it should be alright.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Has anyone fitted this kit?

My jet rotates and water floods out of 2 holes in black plastic centre of motor into the boot. It seems to be leaking internally.

I've already fixed the roof lining leak by cutting of VW fitting and over fitting some fish tank air hose and securing with tie-wraps (as suggested else where in here).

Then i bought a new washer jet nozzle and i get water out -hooray!!, but more leaks into the boot :0((

1 - 20 of 33 Posts