Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i like all, have got a beige rear view mirror, or indeed grey, not sure, cant remember.......can we get VW black ones?

·
Old School UkMkivs Member
2,166 Posts
Ive got a grey one and it stands out like a sore thumb, I know what you mean.

I'm just going to put a tint strip across the top of the windscreen to hide it!

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but they stick out like a bitch!!!

want a black one!!...

how much from dealers?

difficult to get them to adhere?

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
?44 from dealers

easy fit, simply turn and it'll come off

my tip: scrapyard as per MikeTDi

Audi A2's have them, Skoda Fabia's have them, look on eBay as ?44 is a bit of a silly price

or paint the one you've already got?????

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Mines black! On a Bora V5 if that makes any difference. I find the black sticks out like a sore thumb worse as everything else up there is the grey/beige colour.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Mines black! On a Bora V5 if that makes any difference. I find the black sticks out like a sore thumb worse as everything else up there is the grey/beige colour.
I think you are totally right..... it either:

Black- blends with the windescreen and looks good on the outside, but does not match the light grey roof lining,

or

Grey - stands out in the windscreen, but blends with the roof lining and looks good on the inside.

Not sure how you can win.... anyone with pictures?

I guess you need the black roof lining.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
Graham don't hesitate to PM me if you want to swap your nasty black one with my immaculate grey one :eek:)

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i see what you mean about from either inside or outside.......and what about the little "flap" that sticks down.......

hmm....?37-?44 is quite steep.......more feasible to fit the autodim!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
i dont find it a problem with my interior being beige and the mirror being black. i dont see the problem. looks ten times better from the outside though as before your eyes were just drawn to the mirror through the windscreen.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i dont find it a problem with my interior being beige and the mirror being black. i dont see the problem. looks ten times better from the outside though as before your eyes were just drawn to the mirror through the windscreen.
thats my theory EXACTLY.

·
Mk4 for 13 years
993 Posts
I have a black anti dazzle mirror which I bought as I wanted an anti dazzle. I would actually prefer the grey coloured one to the black one as I still havent got round to fitting it. My interior is dark, however the roof lining and current standard mirror is the grey colour.

I only have the black mirror alone, not any wiring, or the bit which attaches it to the windscreen. I also believe it to be from a passat and I am unsure if it is any different to the golf one.

If someone is interested in a swap whereby I would get the equivalent anti dazzle mirror in grey to match my interior I may be interested. I can take a few pics if anyones interested and try to locate the actual part no on it.......

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
The black one on mine is also anti dazzle/auto dimming whatever you want to call it.

Therefore, no swapping thanks [:)] Mine goes a cool blue colour when you go underneath a load of trees in the daylight! None of this dazzling my eyes either [:p]

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I like the BMW M3 interior mirror but i dont think it fits i might try it on the weekend and im sure they are colour coded to the exterior not sure though.

Ill experiment and let u know.

cheers

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
If you get a black one you may need to wire it if it's auto dimming I should think, not quite sure how it works, all I know is it has two sensors in it measuring the light.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts