Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help, my rear seats and boot carpet seem to be gettings wet. I have looked at the rear wash to see if this is split but it seems ok and squirts water fine. As far as I can tell water is getting in either via the rear window or the boot seal. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to sort it??

Thanks Neil

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Goin strip the tailgate today and get the hose out. Have been told the sealant on the rear window could of split in the cold weather. Have tried all other things Lights, Aireal...ect. Will post what I find just incase anyone else gets same probs.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is drivin me mad now [8o|] Stripped tailgate and the washer pipe had popped off slightly, clicked this back on and sorted that. The head lining is bone dry, no water in the spare wheel well and no leaks through window or lights. Under the rear seats is soaking and also now the rear passenger side footwell. Has anyone else come across this??? I'll be part exing it if I can't sort it [:mad:]

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it was the door seal or the seal on the panel that hold the window reg would this make the rear seats wet?? I've ordered new rear light seals from VW just to make sure its not them and I'm goin to remove my rear bumper tomorrow to check the seals on the air circulation vents behind them again. So old_no7 if your doing nothing tomorrow.....[:O] lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If it was the door seal or the seal on the panel that hold the window reg would this make the rear seats wet?? I've ordered new rear light seals from VW just to make sure its not them and I'm goin to remove my rear bumper tomorrow to check the seals on the air circulation vents behind them again. So old_no7 if your doing nothing tomorrow.....[:O] lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
its from your rear back lights underneath your lights at the back there is like a tray where the water goes in the bottom there is a rubber bung take this out then the water will drane away the tray is fill in up and goin over the rim of the tray and runs straight into your back seats an into the foot wells i only know this because i had same problem let us know if you sort it out cheer,s!!!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Picked up new light seal today from stealer. Will fit it asap and let u know, looking at the new seal i think this will cure it from what the old one looked like when i was trying sort it the other day

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
New seal fitted and it looks like its sorted, the old one has got a tiny split in it where there is a joint. Why dont they make them in one piece???? [8o|] Thanks to all who sent advice

1 - 20 of 25 Posts