Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at the minute i have got the lexus style lights on but getting bored of them or ready any suggestions and also the lexus lights tend to get steamed up when its been raining anyone else had the samething and no how to prevent?????????????????????

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
There are such a varied s election for the MK4 on the market at the moment, but in my opinion the only two that work exceptionally well are the Hella R/C/C/R's and the Inpro M3's.

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I am afraid that I am going to have to be a little 'harsh', they are steaming / misting because they are a cheap / bad design!!

What make are they?

You will find that the deisgn of the lamp is such that there are hot spots and the heat cannot escape, also the seal to the BIW (body in white) is probably not spot on so you will be getting water into the lamps.

I can however recommend the R/C/C/R rearlamps?!!?!! (I am biased though).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just found out of volksbits that they are not lexus but alteeza style lights so where can i get some good quality lights from?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Mate - the Alteza is the non euro name for the IS200 - they are the same thing, IE - Lexus

Get US GTI ones or even the Euro GTI ones are nice, these aftermarket lights can really make a Golf look totally crap - sorry, dont mean to offend - just MHO.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Well it all depends now what type of lights you're after to replace your altezza ones. The main choice seems to be the Hella's, they're the nicest and great quality lights that wont fail like your last set. So i suggest you PM Baker21, he's the man to see, he's hooking me up with a pair of the Hella R/C/C/R's this week and many people on this forum seem to go to him.

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
mcclarky2004, those above are the Inpro M3's incase you're interested, they go for around ?145 from venom motorsport and with regards to your earlier question, Baker21 said the R/C/C/R's would be around ?95 then you have to add on P+P. If you are seriously interested, best to just have a word with him and get more details and a more accurate price... He's friendly enough! Hope this helps!

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,903 Posts

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Quote: posted by Tom R32 on 02/11/2004 17:58:22

Mate - the Alteza is the non euro name for the IS200 - they are the same thing, IE - Lexus

These are what we call Lexus lights

Posted Image

And these are what we call Altezza

Posted Image

So you're right - they are both Lexus style, but they're not exactly the same thing [:D]

·
Registered
34 Posts
I found a some variations that are pretty cheap (www.carlamp.com) , it does state that there made my hella of germany. maybe u cud be saving a bunch on em if they are genuine, u dont want them to steam up, still not ?50 but they look alright. theyre aroun ?120

1 - 20 of 25 Posts