Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

I had my windows tinted and the guy who did them said that if he took the windows out he could tint them alot better. After trying he then realised that its harder to get them back in than take them out.

In the process the window wouldnt work so iv wedged it up until i can get it sorted. To try and get both the windows back in place he took the panel off and removed the window motor and now the metal coil and cable has come out and we couldnt get it back in, so looks like i need a new one.

Do i just buy the cable and circle plasic that goes into the motor or do i need a full reguator?

My mates a mechanic and says he will fit it for me if i get the parts as he says there no way you can get the coil back in and get it workin properly.

advice would be great. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
Don't know about rear window regulators as they don't normally break,but looking at them I'd guess a whole new regulator will be needed,tried lots of time to re-thread those cable drums and it always ends in tears.

Putting the glass back in should never be a drama as it has been here.Push the larger of the two white plastic rings into the hole in the bottom of the glass,then push the smaller one into that one so they're all sticking out by the same amount.Now push the glass down into the door and listen for the CLICK as snaps into place.I found this out from the Haynes manual,so as they say RTFM!!!!!

Chris.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts