Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the general opinions on this style of lights? I know the RCR's seem to be THE popular choice with owners on this forum and also realised that most people seem to hate the lexus style, but what about these, would you say they are in between or would you class them as lexus style aswell?

Posted Image

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I don't like them, they look too busy on a Golf. RCR are nice solid colours which work [:)]

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do agree with you on that pat, they are quite busy... A bit too busy for my liking. I'm gonna go for the RCR's anyway, but was just interested to see what others thought of them.

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I had a strange one recently where the rear bulb popped out of the holder! Could be cause my rear axle bushes are shagged

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
I assume your talking about the FK ones right ? I'm not too keen on the silver ones, but the smoked ones (on a dark car, like mine) could look alright.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I saw a yellow Mk4 on the M25 a while back with these Lexus style LED rear cluster. They did look cheap, but I would buy some if they looked OEM.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Quote: posted by induct on 07/10/2004 18:50:09

I saw a yellow Mk4 on the M25 a while back with these Lexus style LED rear cluster. They did look cheap, but I would buy some if they looked OEM.

Where they the clear/silver or the smoked ones ?

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Quote: posted by wallacel on 08/10/2004 11:21:42

Sorry, but I don't like them at all.

Just check out the Why Chav's Shouldn't Buy R32's topic.

Each to there own though.

Aye I noticed them on that skip, too.. but he has the silver ones on a blue car.. mine would be the smoked versions on a grey car. I need to see how the smoked ones look on a dark car.. I reckon they might look okay as the smoked colour would hide the light pattern underneath (during the day) and when it's dark, it won't be noticeable.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Quote: posted by Cat1.4 on 08/10/2004 11:38:54

I quite like the smoked ones actually, on a black car.

They're not noticeable until they're on.

Woohoo.. That's exactly what I was thinking.. the smoked lens will hide the silly looking plastic bit underneath and once they are on the cool bit will show up ie the led's.. I think i'll reserve until I go to see 'em somewhere though ! IMO, I reckon they'd look good on a dark coloured car, like mine, metallic grey [:D]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Maybe vroom69 has some pictures? He's got them on a black 'un.

I can say having followed him down the motorway with them on - and then seen them parked up and off, I do like [^]

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Quote: posted by tylerama on 08/10/2004 11:27:02

Quote: posted by wallacel on 08/10/2004 11:21:42

Sorry, but I don't like them at all.

Just check out the Why Chav's Shouldn't Buy R32's topic.

Each to there own though.

Aye I noticed them on that skip, too.. but he has the silver ones on a blue car.. mine would be the smoked versions on a grey car. I need to see how the smoked ones look on a dark car.. I reckon they might look okay as the smoked colour would hide the light pattern underneath (during the day) and when it's dark, it won't be noticeable.

Yeah, good point matey.[;)]

Would like to see a pic of the smoked lights on a dark car, they probabl would look better.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Quote: posted by Cat1.4 on 08/10/2004 12:19:29

Maybe vroom69 has some pictures? He's got them on a black 'un.

I can say having followed him down the motorway with them on - and then seen them parked up and off, I do like [^]

Ooohh has he.. i'll mail him for pics !

ow3n has the silver ones on his silver car.. not too impressed with them during the day, but they look good at night ! I think the pictures are accessible in his sig, somehow.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Quote: posted by tylerama on 08/10/2004 10:43:37

Quote: posted by induct on 07/10/2004 18:50:09

Where they the clear/silver or the smoked ones ?

They were silver. Sorry if I criticised a car on this forum, it was just a personal opinion.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well - I have a set of the clear ones..I obviously like them cos I bought them. They are not to everyones taste but then Im not here to please everyone. As for Being "Chav" - thats your opinion and your welcome to it.

RJH - All I can say is get the lights that you want an not what everyone else dictates.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 - 20 of 24 Posts