Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do I need to do the rear brake upgrade on my 2000 1.8 GTi, I know that I need some adapters for the carriers (I think) what else? what are the p/ns for the rear carriers? I have searched the forum and can't seem to find any of the old posts about this. I even searched for Foxys'GB on the adapters and could not find that either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

I'm interested in this one too, I've just bought the 312mm parts for the front of my 130pd and was wondering if you can do anything for the rear - like maybe get the old 288mm parts that were on the front and get them on the back as an upgrade?

D

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Echo Royster........you need the adapter kit for fitting 4 wheel drive rear brakes to your 2 wheel drive golf.....

See the VW Driver mag feature......there is a supplier mentioned.....I think they said it was a guy called Jon something or other.....his email was foxy-something too....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, just ordered the back issue for this article and an issue from August 2000 for the front conversion, should have by monday, will scan and email if you like,

Dave.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Quote: posted by dyfi on 17/03/2005 13:21:57

Hi, just ordered the back issue for this article and an issue from August 2000 for the front conversion, should have by monday, will scan and email if you like,

Dave.

That would be great if you could Dave! [:)]

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Me too.. I cannae get vw driver unless I go to bloody victoria station 100 miles away ! Madness. It's not in any shop I go in down this way ! If someone can scan it, can they email it to me too ? Thanks !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Breathe easy lads, the mags arrived, just trying to get them scanned and emailed, will do tomorrow, (friday) as I can drive a car but not a computer, hold tight, Dave.[:D]

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
email your order to:

[email protected]

You get one pair of aircraft aluminium grade spacers and a set of bolts.

The price is ?45 to uk-mkiv members.

Depending upon orders and stock, delivery could be a couple of weeks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts