Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,one of my rear discs is getting quite hot after brake service,have replaced seals and lubed sliders.Wheel spins freely but one side still gets hot whilst other side doesnt.New discs and pads have been fitted.Offending wheel spins free but pads are only rubbing very slightly generating heat.Any ideas.Cheers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi again.Handbrake mechanism was returning when operated.Just wondered why sliders have steps on one and flats on the other.There is slight sideways movement in one of the sliders on both sets and have swapped them over.threw them in aparts bin when stripped brakes so dont know what one should be in top or bottom on carrier.cheers for reply.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
When my discs got hot, the calliper was siezing on.

Very common if you have just changed the brakes.

Jack the car up, remove wheel and dismantle the brakes again. Then wind the calliipers back in, pump them out and repeat a few times.

Then rebuild and hope it has worked. Did for me!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi again.going to drive car for a few days and see what happens.Got home tonight from 11 mile drive and discs felt at the same temp.will keep an eye on them and strip them again if problem occurs.cheers for input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts