Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all.

found a great little thread on her on how to remove your lettering which I'm going to have a crack at today. But I'm also thinking of removing the rear badge and replacing with a black one. Is the method to reemove the badge the same (floss/fish wire an hair dryer) or is there clips or anything I should be aware off??

thank you for your help

regards

simon

·
Registered
244 Posts
No they're just stuck on with adhesive foam. Found out the hard way when some beastie boy fan sharp pin ripped mine off in the middle of the night after 2 pints of carling!

I would try the same method just so you don't risk the paint underneath.

·
Super Moderator
50,230 Posts
Just get it as hot as possible without damaging the paint and it should then come off with almost no effort.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and this is what I have been doing today. Removing the rear "golf" and "gti" letterings.

when you get up close and really stare you can still make out the lettering but I hope it will fade in time?? Lol

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha this is where my detailing skills are rubbish. I have actually given it a wash polish an gloss with autoglym stuff. I washed with shampoo then dryed off. Then polished it an rubbed off then glossed it left for half hour then rubbed off lol tbh I'm quite critical on myself cus I'm no good at DIY. If you just look at it normally you can't see it, it's only if You get proper up close an stare at the areas to spot it. Next plan is black vw badge. Any ody know what sizes I need or possibly have any handy links??

·
Can normally be found on the A3.
3,317 Posts
I've pretty useless at DIY but still like to give it a go. When I removed my rear badge it scratched the paintwork and took a lot of t-cut and this G60 stuff to get it back to normal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.