Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, would anyone have the part number for the rear aero wiper that most people seem to be using on there golfs, is it from a new shape polo?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
This is what i bought and all fits perfectly - massive improvement [:)]

Rear Wiper Arm - 6Q6 955 707 A (Polo/Golf MkV)
Rear Wiper Cap - 6Q6 955 435 B (Polo/Golf MkV)
Rear Aero Wiper Blade - 7E0 955 425 (Touran) (slightly longer than polo one ;)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I found that the wiper cap required some cutting down as it made contact with the glass. Anybody else had this problem?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah - mine did that. Seemed to fit fine when the wiper wasn't moving - but as soon as the wiper moved the cover popped off. I just sanded the base down by rubbing it on a flat piece of sand paper. Worked a treat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
went to my local stealers yesterday and told him what i wanted. This is what i got:

Polo/Mk V Rear Wiper Arm - 6Q6 955 707 = ?12.18 +VAT

Polo/Mk V Rear Wiper Cap - 7M3 955 435 01 C = ?0.97 +VAT

Touran Rear Aero Wiper Blade - 7E0 955 425 = ?4.08 +VAT

I've noticed these nos are different to other posts above, but these are the ones he gave me.

Matt

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies!, Is the touran blade similiar in length to the original golf one?, also i,m going have an r32 rear spoiler, it wont hit it , will it?

and there seems to be two different part numbers for the `cap` are they both right?

Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
When I fitted my Polo rear wiper I had the motor out at the same time to fit the service kit. My brass screenwash pipe had sheared off so I had to fit this kit.

As I remounted and tightened up the mounting bolts on the motor, this made the wiper motor stem protrude further out through the rear screen. So when I fitted the Polo arm and cap it didnt rub on the glass.

So if you want to save potentially messing up the cap trying to sand it down, tighten up your wiper motor mounting bolts instead!

Also, lots of people have trouble getting the old arm off, rusted on etc. Just use a wide flat blade screwdriver to gently lever the arm off against the wiper motor stem. No tugging required as they say!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for the replies!, Is the touran blade similiar in length to the original golf one?, also i,m going have an r32 rear spoiler, it wont hit it , will it?

and there seems to be two different part numbers for the `cap` are they both right?

Thanks!
Anyone confirm if this is the case on the R32 spoiler before I go and order a set from my friendly dealer ?
TIA GUY

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Prices still havnt changed guys! Going to get this today.. guy said its around £23 and i used the same part numbers [;)]

·
All Star
1,384 Posts
went to my local stealers yesterday and told him what i wanted. This is what i got:

Polo/Mk V Rear Wiper Arm - 6Q6 955 707 C = £12.18 +VAT, without the C letter, its for the mkIV

Polo/Mk V Rear Wiper Cap - 7M3 955 435 01 C = £0.97 +VAT

Touran Rear Aero Wiper Blade - 7E0 955 425 = £4.08 +VAT

I've noticed these nos are different to other posts above, but these are the ones he gave me.

Matt

·
Registered
34 Posts
Parts ordered from the above parts number excluding the second one (the cap). will check what part number it is when i pick them up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
£30 for my lot from my local VW dealer!! Christ. Can anyone order from TPS?

VW couldnt find the correct part for that CAP part number, so I hope they've got the right one for me!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Karl,

Picked up the above parts today from VW... Just gone to
fit them and bam! There's no way the wiper arm is going to attach to the
blade... unless im completely missing something. The arm is the
conventional clip around type, the blade is however some kind of clip
and latch... (see pic)

Part No's; 6Q6 955 707 (wiper arm), 7E0 955 425 (blade), 6Q6 955 435 D (cap).

Could be because there is no C at the end of the part number of the wiper arm?!?

Picture < Click

1 - 18 of 18 Posts