Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at Edtion38 they've came down on their reader ride sections

Their new rules ae

"Readers ride's is NOT a chat room, sure you can all use MSN or Facebook or even a good old fashioned phone call for that.

Non Vag cars are not allowed in readers rides as you have a non vag section so please use it.

Title changes will not be done anymore, please think carefully about your titles as it will be staying.

All threads which are deemed a chat room ie: not following the above rules, will be locked without notice.

Any RR threads obviously advertising (Air ride, coilovers, wheels) will be locked and deleted.

There is nothing wrong with saying a thanks and to 'mention' where
things were bought from but everyone on here is smart enough to know the
ones making a mockery of the system and continuosly promoting mates
firms.... If you want some more information, use the PM system/email/MSN
etc.

Anyone who seems to be posting rubbish on others threads deliberately, will be banned, without notice. Plain and simple.

If your thread is locked, you will be allowed to start a new one, but
again, any off topic/chat room rubbish will not be tolerated and it will
be locked and your account suspended.

I suggest
everyone knuckles down and stops posting rubbish. If your mates are
posting crap on your thread, only you will be held responsible and your
thread being locked.

Please keep the above in mind as there are a few on here who ruin it for
others and as harsh as it may seem, you've brought it on yourselves so
tough luck folks as this is how's it's going to be so we can get the
forum back to some form of order.

We have rules for a reason, so please abide by them.
"

What you do guys think ?, would something like this work on this forum or would this spoil the forum. Certain members do make a mockery of certain things

I've got respect for the rules on any forum. I can see where they're coming from.

could the uk-mkivs take some of the points maybe?

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
what i like is that edition have noticed the forum is going to pot and wanna fix it. Some people have really taken the pee from what ive seen.

i think this could work

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lowell it happens on a lot of forums, certain members get carried away.

Reader rides should have a good quality contents and not chat room style conversations between you and your mates. I can see build threads becoming more informative and interesting to read instead of having 100's of pages of chat and pointless pictures of nothing revelant.

Then looking at another way, it all depends on the age group of the audience.

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
I'm not sure theres a need for a forum specific rules set. Why do you think there is Ray?

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure theres a need for a forum specific rules set. Why do you think there is Ray?
to see what others thoughts were

sometimes it better to have a set of rules in place, preventing issues happening in the future.

good to learn from others at times or not

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
i think its a bit ott on edition,

what do you class as rubbish being posted? if some one comes in and says nice car dude, is that rubbish.

i dont see the problem as long as its not offensive or derogetery then why do they have to go all little hitler and start banning people,

a build thread is just that, an ongoing account for day to day life and progress of the car, can only think it would be a boring place if people cant speak their thoughts...

ed38 has always been very clique to me anyway, if your face doesnt fit and all that, thats why i post on here mainly haha

i just dont see what they want/are going to achieve thats all

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jake not sure what's gone on Edition38 forum. I do go on there to read a few build threads.

Jake don't you think all internet forum have a 'clique' group of members. The nature of the way forums are.

·
Premium Member
3,497 Posts
I don't see any need for specific rules such as these, we don't want to stifle member's postings unless they breach any of the current rules.

You do get some nonsense posted on build threads but I think it's a minor problem and to come down on it would be too heavy handed IMO.

·
Something about a mkIV, a TFSI, 4motion and the tr
3,103 Posts
i think its a bit ott on edition,

what do you class as rubbish being posted? if some one comes in and says nice car dude, is that rubbish.

i dont see the problem as long as its not offensive or derogetery then why do they have to go all little hitler and start banning people,

a build thread is just that, an ongoing account for day to day life and progress of the car, can only think it would be a boring place if people cant speak their thoughts...

ed38 has always been very clique to me anyway, if your face doesnt fit and all that, thats why i post on here mainly haha

i just dont see what they want/are going to achieve thats all
Agreed.

With regard to the clique comment what I notice is that a number of forums have groups of friends which is bound to happen, but what stops it being a clique is the inclusion of other members and interaction between them. I've noticed on Edition that some of the "friend" groups do come across more "clique" through just interacting with the group and ignoring outsiders.

·
Registered
14,780 Posts
what i like is that edition have noticed the forum is going to pot and wanna fix it. Some people have really taken the pee from what ive seen.

i think this could work
the thing is lowell, the type of "banter" on ed38 is on a WHOLE new level to what happens, say, on here! seriously, about 60/70% of their banter is BORDER LINE NSFW. theres about offtopic stuff about 75% off the time on that forum. which mostly is fun.

so those rules are in place to deal with THAT situation, you cant use or learn from those rules here

if its not broke, dont fix it

when the situation on here gets that bad, the mods will be ready to deal with im sure

like for example the c0ck rule [:)]

·
Techno Viking
9,784 Posts
I'm sure they have their reasons for introducing those rules but IMO they're a bit OTT. I rarely go on Edition and comment, just a bit of browsing usually but those rules seem like it would be a less fun place to be.

I like it over here, it's chilled out and there's room for a bit of banter. When stuff gets out of hand there's a clearly defined process to deal with it. Simple.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
what a pile of crap, if readers rides are full of banter and chat, i dont read them

simple as that, whats next? why try and enforce such a trivial rule ?

zzzzzz..........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts