Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
if you do a search on the forum you will get all the info you need to make up your own mind as there have been some mixed veiws on here regardin chipped uk but most have been positive, and as with most things you will always get someone who aint happy, so do the search mate and decide for yourself

·
Registered
117 Posts
The company (chipped uk) have chipped a few golfs on here i think.

I have sent various pm's to the guy and he's always really helpfull.

Cheap too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice, I have been looking around on here and other forums for days and just cant make up my mind, dont really want to spend more than ?150, but, dont want my car knackered by a cowboy.

Chipped UK seem to have a place about an hour away from me in Cheshire Oaks so just thought it would be handy, they also offer a before and after rolling road for the price which I thought was pretty good.

Any more opinions?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Give Chipboost a try, he has an advert on the offers/discounts section. I had mine done a couple of weeks ago and i was well impressed. I dont think you can go wrong with that for ?150!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The Devil       Where are you based mate as i am in chester and i have got simon form Upsolute coming to remap my car on thursday and cant wait, he is very reasonably priced

·
Registered
117 Posts
Surely they dont do door to door?

As soon as i get my car remapped I want to know the new bhp!!

Unless they have a travel sized rolling road.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Had my re-map today at chipped-uk, I now have 201bhp. Biiiiiiiiiiiiiigggg Grin :)

Really nice bloke and highly recommended

·
Registered
548 Posts
Had my re-map today at chipped-uk, I now have 201bhp. Biiiiiiiiiiiiiigggg Grin :)

Really nice bloke and highly recommended
keep the post updated from time to time as Chipped UK get some bad vibes of some members as they dont believe in cheap power upgrades but if it works and is reliable then fair play to them.it may be the future...unlike garlic bread.LOL

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jayson at Chipped-Uk is a nice guy.

if you guys are going to go through the hassle of getting a remap then get a LIVE REMAP and not the generic ones. Live remap meaning that the dyno operator/remap bloke takes your car slowly through the whole rev range and adjusts timing and fuel as he goes along. A few metering devices will be involved and the whole process should take around 2-3 hours.

The Live remaps are mapped specifically to your engine and the way it behaves.

This will be more expensive but its doing things properly.

Generic files are seriously compromised especially when you have modifications like free flowing exhausts and induction.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts