Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure it's been asked 100 times, but what are people's opinions on the best place for re-mapping the MK5 GTI, would just be looking at a straight re-map (no exhaust etc) used to take the old MK4 GTI (1.8T) to AMD, was always happy with their work, but their prices are pretty high compared to others.

Thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've got a reversible remap from BSR tuning and am more than happy with it. Went on a rolling road at Redline Racing in Halifax yesterday and posted 254.1 bhp which I'm rather fond of and the torque is amazing. Also got a reversible remap from Star tuning in scotland on the audi and find that to be good also. Depends if you want to return to stock or not?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Will obviously have a good look on the internet.

A switchable map would be perfect, i.e. one standard - keep the girlfriend happy and one for me - for a bit more fun.

Used to be able to get them for the MK4 1.8T.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I had my gti remapped at awesome in manchester and am really happy with the results they use apr software and can link it to your cruise control so it can be switched on and off using the cruise control stalk which is pretty trick, if you don't have cruise they can retro fit it using oem parts for about 150 quid I think

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, take it you've had your car Revo'd?

Looks ideal with the switch able mapping, plus they've taken into account a map for higher octane petrol, I do so little miles that I always fill up with Optimax/v-power, from what I gather it makes quite a difference on the GTI.

·
Registered
538 Posts
your right the Optimax/v power does make a lot of difference. I always use V power but got caught short early monday morning and had to put some Bp ultimate in, only put 20 quid in but what a difference it really took the edge of the performance and the car was no where near as responsive. Filled up with optimax today and its back to as it was, although I did opt for the super unleaded option when having the car remapped.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Don't forget APR sold at Awesome GTI which you can change programmes via cruise control. I think they can customise a map for the MK5 if you have sports CAT and exhaust.

Ian

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just used ChippedUK based in Bromsgrove and i have to say the results were quite exceptional..................265bhp and 235lb/ft torque recorded.

Car is pretty damn quick now! Fuel used all of the time is V/Power.............[:D]

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got a reversible remap from BSR tuning and am more than happy with it. Went on a rolling road at Redline Racing in Halifax yesterday and posted 254.1 bhp which I'm rather fond of and the torque is amazing. Also got a reversible remap from Star tuning in scotland on the audi and find that to be good also. Depends if you want to return to stock or not?
Can I just ask how much this was ecactly?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Hi

The APR remap is ?499+vat and is available as a 6hour free trial, so feel free to try before you buy :)

We are also offering free rolling road before and after runs with all remap purchases presently.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, we offer a straight remap for ?467.23 + vat. We also offer switchable programs, stock,95/98 or 102 octane, valet mode. Two programs with your hand flasher is ?592.23 + vat. If you decide on switchable programs the ecu flash counter resets to zero everytime you use it. The custom map on our demo car with full milltek & forge FMIC produced 290bhp with 300lbft & no surging at the top end.

You can find out more info @

www.giacusa.com

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi, we offer a straight remap for ?467.23 + vat. We also offer switchable programs, stock,95/98 or 102 octane, valet mode. Two programs with your hand flasher is ?592.23 + vat. If you decide on switchable programs the ecu flash counter resets to zero everytime you use it. The custom map on our demo car with full milltek & forge FMIC produced 290bhp with 300lbft & no surging at the top end.

www.giacusa.com
On basically a K03 yeah right. Anything over 19psi is hot air. Nothing more. I rest my case. 290BHP on 19psi or less...............................really?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Whilst everyone is offering prices, were doing them at ?300+vat as part of our xmas offers complete with before and after dyno`s.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

www.giacusa.com
On basically a K03 yeah right. Anything over 19psi is hot air. Nothing more. I rest my case. 290BHP on 19psi or less...............................really?
It is possible actually as it is a K03s that's used in the Mk5 GTI.

Someone with a Leon TFSI has hit 290bhp via Revo/exhaust/Forge TwinIC so it can be done.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Spoke to a guy at the local VW dealer at the weekend while I was having the car serviced, he had his MK5 GTI Revo?d at Big Boys Toys in Lakeside (Essex) and was really happy with it, he said there was no flat spots etc etc.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

Anyway had a look at the BBT site as they?re fairly local to me and they?re advertising 265 bhp!! That?s quite a big increase over standard and also a big difference over the likes of Superchips and AMD, I queried this with BBT and they said it was because the Revo mapping was so much more in depth and covered more parameters than other maps.

<o:p> </o:p>

Apparently this was also on standard 95 Ron petrol, I always use Optimax/Vpower therefore on the 99 Ron map there is potentially another 10bhp or so to come.

Any views/comments on this before I book it in?

Also do we get a discount at BBT?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Had the GTI Revo'd at the weekend ? it?s fantastic, the power is really smooth and the car even feels like standard but with much more power.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

There were plenty of settings to choose from, as I always use V-Power we went for ignition setting 5 and Boost setting 6.<o:p></o:p>

Because it was sucking in so much more air we put an un-oiled Pipercross panel filter in.<o:p></o:p>

All?s well and it feels/sounds like standard but with that all important power ? should be around the 260-265bhp mark (think the BBT site's quoted power is a bit optimistic).

Even the suspension/brakes feel like they can take the extra power.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts