Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - can anyone tell me if the RCD500 is more powerfull than the RCD300?  My late 2004 RCD300 is rubbish and sounds awfull but i used an 06 RCD300 the other day and it sounded wonderfull.- i have a GT TDi.  Any help much appreciated!

·
Registered
257 Posts
So Impatient! :p

All from the Blaupunkt site (out of interest the MFD2 navigation system is 4*25w)

VW RCD 300

Einsatz:
VW Golf V

Empfangsteil
36 Speicherpl?tze
Twin Tuner
DDA
12 FM + 12 AM Speicherpl?tze
RDS EON
Traffic Program (TP)
High Cut
SHARX
Radio-Scan

CD-Laufwerk
CD-R/RW kompatibel
Scan
Shuffle
Cue

Verst?rker
4 x 20 Watt
Geschwindigkeitsabh?ngige Lautst?rkeanpassung (GALA)
Soft Clipping
Fade

Anschl?sse
CAN-Interface
CD Changer Control
FAKRA-Anschluss

Sonstiges
Display blau positiv
200x47 Dot Matrix
Nachtdesign rot
Telefon Mute
Anti-Diebstahl-Codierung

Kompatibilit?t
BP CD-Changer in Verbindung mit Interface
IDC A09
CDC A08
CDC A03

VW RCD 500

Einsatz:
VW Golf V, VW Touran

Empfangsteil
Twin Tuner
DDA
RDS EON
Traffic Program (TP)
SHARX
Radio-Scan

CD-Laufwerk
6 CD Changer
CD-R/RW
integrated 1 slot

Verst?rker
4 x 20 Watt
Soft Clipping
Fade

Anschl?sse
CAN

Sonstiges
Display blau positiv
200x47 Dot Matrix
Nachtdesign rot
Telefon Mute
Anti-Diebstahl-Codierung

Kompatibilit?t
VW-spezifische CDC

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I still cant understand why the 2006 GT TDi sound system RCD300 sounds soo much better than the mine 2004 GT TDi? 

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
There are two different versions of RCD300,1K0035186L (early) and 1K0035186P (later) might have somthing to do with it.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
As has been said elsewhere, and in my experience, the RCD300 sound does benefit from experimenting with all aspects of the setup.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have an 06 model rcd 300, and although the radio sounds weedy , the CD play back is acceptable ( not brilliant) but acceptable, but i find that you do have to constantly adjust the settings for bass/treble to get something that sounds right depending on the type of music u play.  Sometimes voices can be too harsh or sounds muddy, but adjusting the bass/treble controls, generally gives u something that is ok.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I have RCD500 and I can access am advanced equalization menu pressing MENU button for 10 seconds. Here you can set some filters so that sound won't be so unbalanced. The PROBLEM: I don't know how to save these settings to keep configuration after turning off... If anyone guess, please let me know...

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
PNS: No, this is not the standart Bass/Middle/Treble Menu. It's a menu where you can configure 3 filters for front speakers and 3 for back speaker. For every filter you can set central frequency, Gain and even Quality factor. Also you can configure the central frequency over which BMT controls act, and gain range for BMT (BMT=BassMiddleTreble).

If you guess how to save this config, please let me know, [email protected]

Regards,

Gustavo

1 - 20 of 26 Posts