Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Quote: posted by welly bomber on 11/04/2005 15:57:15

RCD500 does have the port for an external changer/iPod, as well as internal changer

That contradicts advice someone else has given, strangely. I hope it's right, though.

I was looking through a German forum over the weekend, and someone on there was suggesting you could use the Sony Xplod changer with the RCD500. So that could be another option. Personally, I'm hoping for an iRiver interface, as I'm no fan of iPods.

·
Registered
261 Posts
no problemo! It was those big round eyes, I couldnt resist awwwww! lol!

Logically I wouldnt expect the RCD500 to have a CD changer connector, however you never know! I have managed to find pinouts for the RCD300 and the MFD2 but not for the RCD500.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have just fitted my ipod to the RCD500 in the external cd changer port (many thanks for the instructions KuniD!).

CD-Changer still works and a second press of the CD button accesses the ipod - brilliant solution all round - especially with the SoundPack.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welly bomber whats the sound pack sound like?? Big imporvement over stock or not??

any visible signs to subs amps etc??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welly bomber whats the sound pack sound like?? Big imporvement over stock or not??

any visible signs to subs amps etc??
I was expecting to see some extra stuff behind the unit once I pulled it out, but there wasn't any (didn't feret around too much though). I have always wondered how I would know if the S/Pack had been included or not, given there are no visual signs in the cabin.

All I can say is that I have done a back to back test with a friend's RCD300 and mine has greater bass and will go to a much higher volume before any distortion kicks in - which happens nowhere near full volume, but plenty loud enough for me.

It's definately nowhere near a volvo's dolby system for sound quality though.

Overall, after 2 mths of road-test, I have to say it's not a bad system - not sure I would have paid for the soundpack if it was my own money though. Ah, the joys of company car motoring!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts